Tripping on your own?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Diamond Gord, May 23, 2004.

1. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

Just wondering how many of you do this?
    I'm not long in from a night out clubbing and partying whilst tripping and was in a good place when I got home so I've taken another blotter and am just going to enjoy my own company and some good music!

2. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Tripping solo is actually more fun than tripping with a friend, though it helps to have someone to "clutch on to" when the visuals become overwhelming. I recommend not tripping alone until you've had vast experience with psychedelics, and feel comfortable alone whilst tripping to begin with.

Personally, I'll be starting my 5th solo-trip with some 5-Meo-AMT..most of my friends are afraid of it. :(

3. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

I'm a very experienced tripper but for some reason until now have never tripped on my own. I suppose it's because I see it as a social drug.

4. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Tripping on your own is fine. ;) I find it much more enlightening if there aren't 5 people there asking me WTF I'm talking about, even if I can't understand the fact that I'm even talking to begin with. *lmfao*

Anywho, you'll have to describe further your substance of use, why you are using it, and who it is you usually trip with for more in-depth information. ;)

5. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

I think I probably it enjoy more on my own too, certainly prefer 'coming up' on my own. If I'm going to be interacting, I'd rather be in full grip of the drug in question before I begin :)

It surely depends on the type of person you are sober also. I'm pretty quiet in general and fucking silent in a group of 6 or more. So to be tripping in that setting can be kinda uncomfortable. But if you're on your own you can do whatever you feel like at the time.

The psychedelic I take most often are the cubensis mushrooms, and as it's said, the euphoria with those comes in waves. So on my own I can be crashed out on the bed twitching my legs around one minute and up dancing the next if that's what takes my fancy.

Gotta be composed and shit with friends.

6. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

I usually start my trip in a nightclub, with an E to get me grooving. I usually then move to parties wher I talk to people that I know or preferably that I don't know.

Whilst I say I've never tripped on my own, I'm quite often the only one tripping in my group of friends and i prefer it that way. You get a lot less of those, "what were we talking about?" conversations followed by retracing your conversation, only to forget what you're talking about again.
    As I said earlier I see acid as a social drug and as if to prove my case, whilst I'm on my own here, i'm seeking interaction via the web.

7. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

if ur going to trip alone tell some1 when u are going to be tripping and hwere so if a problem occurs they know where to come and get u, i was stupid and for my first time trying DXm i took 500mg for a first time user solo and it landed me in the ER and my parents with a fatty 1300$ hospital bill so dont be stupid like me get a sitter or tell some1 where and hwen u are tripping and also wat substance and how much incase something goes wrong and he needs that info

8. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

U seem like a really big dumbass, the story, and your signature are ridiculous.

9. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

hmmm and im being ridiculous how?? and criticising ppl of wat the believe is also being a moron so plz stfu and do us all a favor k thx

10. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I dunno, after seeing the American beheaded in Iraq I say rush the damn country, kill every potential terrorist. No terrorist, no war. Or Behead Sadam Hussien to show them America is serios.

11. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

Is it not possible that by killing every "potential terrorist" that you would simply be creating more!
    Bush is an idiot! He went into Iraq on the understanding that it was because of WMD and when there were none he tried to change it to a human rights issue of when America has one of the worst human rights records out there.
    Going by your logic we should lock up every potential human rights violator in the armed forces.
    Punishing someone for having the potential to do something wrong would see us all being punished.
    Think before you spout ridiculous statements like the previous one.

12. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

im not too experienced of a tripper, but ive had more solos than with friends....the ones by myself i love much more. on acid i cant comunicate with anyone else on acid, and on shrooms the only person i talk to is myself.

13. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

i get neervous trippin by myself. i think "bored" would be more the word. without anyone to talk to, i get bored very fast, then i feel as though i am going insane. i cant trip alone, a lot of people i know can't.

14. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

cotter-that was funny...

crack...im with you...i actually being the only one in my group who is tripping...but at a place where i can wander and have some alone time when the visuals hit...and then be back with friends when its time to just laugh my ass off...

got the MAD hookup of some potent shrooms...will let you guys know how it goes this weekend...

15. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

I don't like to talk when I trip, I think because all of my other senses are in super overdrive so I figure I can communicate telepathically (freaking weird because one night I did). Anyway, because of that I love tripping on my own. I think other people being there ruin my trip. It's like if they're not tripping too it's so weird to try and act sober. And then if they are tripping, usually we're in two separate worlds and sometimes they collide and it's freaky.

16. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I hate tripping alone..I gt sooo bored and out of my head!! I like having the shared experience with someone else...so I guess I don't even like tripping with other peopel around, unelss they are tripping too.

17. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

tripping alone, once relatively experienced, is highly recommended.

18. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

I really enjoyed my solo trip on Saturday and will probably do it again, although I would still say I prefer tripping with company.

19. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

it's very important to consider who you are tripping with. a good loyal childhood buddy is not going to negatively impact the trip. conversely, a rowdy group of semi-friends and strangers may put you in the wrong place. peace.

20. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

One thing that I have always gotten mind-fucked on is when I take a shower when I trip. First off, the reason I take a shower is because I always get a dirty sensation. I feel like I need to clean and open up my pores. It's weird. So anyway I'll take a shower and somewhere along the way start tripping off in my head. Like, this is some real in tune with God and my subconscious. And then I'll notice I'm staring down at the bottom of the tub and my legs look almost just like my arms. And so I freak out in my head trying to convince myself I'm standing on my FEET not my hands/arms. It's fucked up because that's happened to me more than once. I'm glad I was still a little aware to be able to pull myself out of it. Stuff like that makes me think it's probably always better not to trip alone so you don't get lost in your head. Although at times I'll admit it sounds freakishly cool to do that.