Tripping in motion

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by kingofthemoon1313, Jul 19, 2013.

1. kingofthemoon1313

kingofthemoon1313 Member

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried this. I could imagine it might be fun to trip while looking out the window of a fast car or looking out the window on a plane.

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You mean relative motion ;)

since you disregard the movement of the continent under your feet

the movement of the earth around the sun

the movement of the sun around the galaxy

the movement of the galaxy around its cluster

the movement of the cluster betwixt its neighbour clusters

and the undulations of the cosmos as a whole

has anyone ever tripped without moving? that i would like to see!

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Ive tripped while looking out the window of a car that I was operating and I gotta say it wasn't that fun but Ive been passenger in a car as well while tripping, going through tunnels and scenic views and such. I recall it being interesting as most things while tripping are but I don't have any moments that have defined the trip while moving in a car.

I've robotripped on a plane and I could take it or leave it, there were some interesting sensations but being on a plane is somewhat confining, I definitely am glad I wasn't on acid or shrooms for that.

4. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

There can be lots of effects while movin in vehicles or at fast motions. It depends how your trip plays out, what mindset your in.

The road could be expanding an contracting, object may appear farther or closer, far away scenery may begin to come alive, dance and morph and change. Signs melting, twisting, trees growing, lines in the road elevating into the air. Sometimes the reflections in the window will begin to do their own things, then the reflections and the outside visuals will start to collide. All sorts of stuff can happen.

I could only imagine what big fluffy clouds would look like on a good dose of lucy, probably magnificent.

All in all though, visuals and stuff are usually more intense when your sitting still. Your brain starts layering visual content over itself, becoming more and more complex. If you are still, your brain will keep modifying the environment around you into greater and greater states.

On the other hand if you keep on moving, your base input of visual data keeps on changing, so it has to start the layering process over and over each new amount of data that is coming in each moment.

Unless you get to a certain point where your reality becomes fluid enough, if you let that layering process build up enough that it is working really fast, like when you look to a new object it instantly starts transforming. Then when you go on a ride the world will be continuously dancing and transforming, complexifying itself into better and better things.

5. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If in a car, stick to the back seat if possible, so as not to interfere with the hopefully sober driver! As far as a plane: 1) most of the time you see very boring stuff out a plane window, 2) being stuck on a plane would probably lead to a much worse experience then any benefit you'd get from a new window view!