tripping daisy anyone?

Discussion in 'Music' started by FunkyPhreshMama, May 26, 2004.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

who has heard of this band, I have been listning to "elastic firecracker" for so long now, since middle school. I have only met two other people round here who have even heard of them.............

2. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

Yep, I remember Tripping Daisy. :) That used to be an alias of mine back in the day. The cover to "...Elastic Firecracker" rocked.

But, I think they were only a one-hit-wonder in the mainstream. "I gotta girl"...

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i don;t even remember the song bein on the radio LOL
    but I like the one "pirahnas" however ya spell it :)

4. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

watch out for piranhas...there's always piranhas.....

i love that tape....still have it and still listen to it on the occasion....

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

yes yes, they were alright for a bit

6. spicypisces

spicypisces Member

Yeah, I have that damn useless cd that I bought back in '96 for "gotta girl"...only to discover that I hated the rest of it. Not that it was what I considered to be bad music....sometimes it's just chemistry. Like romance.

Oh well! File it next to "Moxy Fruvous" (once I was the king of spain, now I eat humble pie), "Dionne Ferris" (I know what yer doin' baby, I know why you say you love me), and "Frente!" (labour of love) (thumbs down)....one song encouraged me to buy these, and left me disappointed - standing outside a broken phone booth with money in my hand, you could say.

BUT has anyone heard of "The Caulfields" Whirlgig? Woah! What an awesome, unknown album. Canadian to boot, eh?

My FAVE artist of all time though, is ANI. If anyone else loves her, they don't even NEED me to say her last name (although - it's difranco for those of you who haven't heard of her). LOVE her. If you love lyrics and folk music, please give yourself a week to get addicted to her folkie, acoustic sound and you'll never regret it!

Please tell me somewhere in this hippie forum I'll find someone else who adores her.

7. DiscoDawn

DiscoDawn Members

The only time I heard that song was on Beavis & Butthead a long time ago.

8. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i love "i got a girl" but i wasn't too impressed at the album as a whole. still, every time the song comes on the radio, i turn it up. it reminds me of high school.