Trip Report: New Years Eve (long, but interesting)

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by ChinaCatSunflower02, Jan 4, 2010.

1. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

This reminds me so much of my first acid trip. I took four drops, and ended up getting arrested, but the whole time I was in a completely different universe and pretty uninterested in what was physically going on around me. But yea, Im gonna have to agree with writer and prone on this one, the first thing I thought when I read this was 'dude you need to stop tripping'.

2. MokshaMedicine

MokshaMedicine Banned

It is up to personal speculation, good call. You don't see the need to attribute things such as God or Other realms to it. That's fine, you're still exploring other realms within yourself. I'm not very sure about it but I leave open the idea that the other realms connect to a cosmic memory (which if you research there is scientific backbone to the idea). Maybe outside of ourselves or maybe all inside (because we have millions of years of history in our DNA). Again, I don't really know. The true self you may discover may be the self connected to the divine (which I would call the source of all life).

Also if someone comes out of their trips thinking they have an advantage over other people they probably didn't really trip with humility. I'm not sure they have advantages but they certainly have gone places to learn where many other humans haven't and with that comes the opportunity to learn lessons in a different manner.. Psychedelics aren't a key, just a tool. Opening yourself to the other has many benefits that the close minded don't get. What's this bullshit about using what you learned to oppress people? I've never heard of that when it comes to psychedelics.

Also remember, there are so many things unexplainable with reason. You deny the supernatural as much as the looneys confide in it.

ThriceHistMorphs likes this.
  3. MokshaMedicine

MokshaMedicine Banned

I'm not sure my mission has anything to do with the supernatural or a divine connection, but what my mission sincerely is about is becoming ones true self which can be reached with the help of entheogens and spirituality.

4. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

good discussion. i agree with a lot of people. mr. writer, neodude, and moksha have all made good points.

i think i resonate the most with mr. writer regarding the spiraling vortex.

and all i know is that it IS time for me to move on from psychedelics. new decade, new era.

it was a good three year phase, but i can just tell, that it has served its purpose for me. so...

5. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

even if someone comes out of the experience feeling as if they have an advantage, so what? isn't everyone supposed to have a unique gift that others don't have, and at the same time, lack certain things that others have? I'm a kickass drummer, it's an advantage I have over others, but I'm very lacking in the ability to break the ice in social situations, others have that advantage on me. Doesn't mean I'm elitist, just a human.

whether the psychedelic insights reveal only the inner self or some external absolute also seems irrelevant to me. I think an insight into oneself is exactly what a lot of people are lacking. what's the saying? "we see the world not as it is, but as we are." Acquaintance with one's inner realms are directly related to the external world and human relations. I say this in response to the ensuing discussion, not necessarily the OP's trip.

interesting trip report though. it involved illegal actions minus malicious intentions. his entering a stranger's house was done out of curiosity and perhaps the essential human drive to dissolve boundaries and coalesce as one. I don't know the OP so I don't know what the implications of it are. That behavior is just not normal in our society. It was bizarre, would scare people, possibly put OP in danger and I wouldn't condone it. But it seems like his motives were totally benign, and I've actually known people to do the same when they were stone-cold sober.

Also I think the deal with his buddy's girlfriend is a little over-hyped. how can he steal someone's girlfriend? makes her sound like a possession. doesn't she have her own brain and can choose to be with another guy if she wants? OP said that the buddy beat him up over it once, so the guy is capable of violence. there's a lot of people in dissatisfied relationships who leave the other when someone promising comes along. it's happening to a couple I know right now, actually. many things can end a relationship, and unless OP kidnapped her I don't see anything wrong with lobbying for another guy's girlfriend.

I'll have to side with the critics on the trip setting issue though. you don't want to use someone's property to trip without them knowing, esp. if they specifically told you not to. that's just compromising them. I've actually been to the ER twice on mushrooms too. I was younger and didn't understand psychedelics very well. Thought I was choking the first time. The second time I just felt weird and wanted to make sure I was ok. good times

6. ChinaCatSunflower02

agreed...there's really not any excuse for tripping at his place in secret. i should have just gotten drunk or tripped at home.

nonetheless, perhaps i did redeem myself to an extent by giving him my two other acid hits that were in my car and also the two un-opened 40 oz. but who knows lol. i haven't seen a lot of those guys since that night as a matter of fact.

7. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

this is pretty much why i trip in the forest these days. when i first started tripping i couldnt get enough of pubilc places and social interaction...exploring sychronicities with strangers. but its really an unstable landscape, theres just too many minds upholding this dogmatic social code that you cant overstep without getting the smack down. im sure we all know well enough how little this code applies to reality and natural law... and so its frustrating and oppressive. especially when tripping where the name of the game is to dissolve boundaries and illusions. its all so ridiculous and unnessesary. iv never ended up in the hospital or jail, but the oppurtunity was there.
    im not nessesarily talking about walking into random houses...i personally wouldnt do that, but iv had it happen to me. a high school aged kid just showed up one evening and he sat and talked with myself and my roomates late into the morning, good kid with good intentions.
    all i know is if i were that black man with glasses, and i didnt want you walking into my house, it would have been enough to ask you to leave. your presence sounded innocent and harmless, and so i dont understand what purpose it was to call the police after you left.

somthing else...op why do you use names to tell your story? nobody needs to know what your name is or what your freinds names are. i wouldnt really want someone posting stories with my name online.

8. ChinaCatSunflower02

ok^, i'll keep that in mind. i don't know, i just didn't think about i guess...regarding the names. but that makes sense.

9. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

his entering the house was simply stupidity. he took an lsd fueled delusion and ran with it. he's lucky he wasnt in texas or places with similar castle laws. then his boundaries really would have dissolved as he coalesced and became one with a blast of buckshot from a 12 guage.

its not the boon or gift itself but the feelings of superiority that are just another "delusion".Trippers often hold the idea that there is some kind of realization they experience that non-trippers are totally ignorant of. I say " That's bullshit".

10. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

i think the op has great writing skills and a wonderful imagination, his amazing ability to turn this mediocre story into something tangible and amusing to read is a talent in itself.

would read again.

11. ChinaCatSunflower02

Thank you! i love writing man. i would love to write a book someday on my life experiences. honestly, not to be arrogant, but i feel like i could write a 700-page autobiography and none of it would be boring. but perhaps that's a little boastful.

12. ChinaCatSunflower02

yea....i dono about 700 pages

13. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

lol good one. that's why I said he was putting himself in danger. You didn't think I was defending his trespassing? It was just an analysis.:D

I dig, but I don't think the dichotomy is between trippers and nontrippers. Most people who trip acid don't report any sort of profound insights, and many who've never touched a psych drug have the same boon or gift through whatever media. I think they often find themselves in a lonely and sometimes frustrating minority, which can manifest as superiority, as different forms of isolation tend to. I still say "so what?" though. It's a common human trait that I think gets excessive attention on these boards.

Also, trippers who feel they have been given some sort of gift but are not well received IRL might come to the acid forum to sort of vent or network in a way they never would IRL, hoping to be understood and not judged. I know I have. You can have a gift and still have character flaws, there's no perfect path. my $.02

14. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

If it was while she was dating you, then you should damn well be crying about it, imo. I'd love to sit here and act like I'm so damn groovy and far out that I have absolutely no social boundaries or ego, but the reality is at the end of the day all you have is "you", and a sober "you" at that. It's a hallucination dreamed up by an amorphous locus of awareness, but so is your right hand, the sky, and this thread. So why act like it's not worth taking care of. I like brushing my ego's teeth, physically and in other ways. It's what we were born with. It's what you find yourself with.

Or if i'm completely off mark, I'd love to hear you explain to a pretty square, old fashioned and sheltered dude why her actions didn't bother you.

I think "free love" is one of the most difficult things in the universe to pull off. I'm not sure I even believe it to be possible.

15. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

I feel like ChinaCat is the kind of guy that lets people walk all over him.
    (no offense brah)
    But the girlfriend thing that Mr. Writer just mentioned is kind of fucked.
    This has been bothering me ever since I read in your OP about how that guy beat you up over desiring his girlfriend, but apparently you guys were still cool enough to hang at the same party?
    Fuck that man, don't let some guy trash you like that and then be cool about it.

16. ChinaCatSunflower02

dude, i deserved what i got man. plain and simple. matt will never not be my friend. so that one time we get in a fight is supposed to whipe out all the good times and connections we've had over the years?

as far as the gf goes, just leave that alone. it's way too much to explain.

but honestly i just don't really see the difference between dating a girl and not dating someone. when you have a connection with someone, you have it. why you must throw a label on top of that i just don't really understand.

i mean, i don't know, i guess it's no different than labeling someone your "friend", but at the end of the day they're all just words.

honestly, i truley did not and still do not care who she has fucked and when she fucked them. i honestly wasn't giving her enough in order for her to feel like she didn't need to fuck other guys. plus, we live three hours away from each other. but like i said, i'm not about to go into that whole ordeal.

but, it's like, who am i to stop her from having a connection with another guy? and vice-versa. her connection with someone else has nothing to do with me, and my connection with someone else has nothing to do with her. and our connection between us two has nothing to do with anyone else. they're all their own authentic thing in my opinion.

i don't know, believe me or not, but i truley do not care, for better or for worse.

17. MokshaMedicine

MokshaMedicine Banned

This is like the ... lets judge ChinaCat as a person thread. I get comfort reading BurnaBowls responses. What a truthful and kind fellow.

I like what you said about gifts. As far as the tripper, non tripper thing.... There are things I have learned from tripping that make me more humble but a humble person is a humble person and obviously they dont need to use hallucinogens to be complete. I think the psychedelic experience is a gift itself and the ability to enjoy and learn from it is another gift. It's nothing everyone should accept as a gift. It's not people who consciously decide to not use hallucinogens when able but people that like to judge others for things such as drug use that are wrong.

Truth remains LSD is a powerful substance and there very well may be things someone who doesn't use will never learn but that doesnt' mean other non users wont learn it another way. OR maybe also there is a mental state attained from tripping that other non users will never be able to attain. It's more associated with LSD than anything like enlightenment.

18. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

you might be on to something here. i know i have felt that way before. but i meet so many people and see so many sides of perception through others that i can't be so sure i have anything over anyone in terms of realization of the true nature of things. Its like we all have our own piece of the puzzle. I just don't think tripping is as important in seeking the other pieces as some would.

Moksa i would suppose you would have us pat OP on the back eh?

im sorry if i tend to not sugar coat or new age light ascension 2012 hippie every thing i say. I believe in being practical about the use of these substances. We are only fooling ourselves if we continue to follow old habits that reap negative results. It really sounds like the OP needs to find a way to get grounded, and take a good honest look at his relationship to LSD.

19. ChinaCatSunflower02

dude i am done completely with lsd.

20. MokshaMedicine

MokshaMedicine Banned

In a way the LSD itself isn't important at all....but maybe the grounded ... I repeat...GROUNDED....attitudes you take from it are.