Trey

Discussion in 'Music' started by HappyChild, May 26, 2004.

1. HappyChild

HappyChild Member

I hate to say it......
    But the rumor is....
    that the major reason behind the splitting of Phish
    is Trey's growing addiction to Heroin.
    It's been a rumor for years, but from what I've
    heard (from a credible source)...he's just out of
    his mind right now.
    And anybody who's been to shows this year, could
    probably have sensed it. I did.

Who knows? He's on Charlie Rose tonight (5-26) by the way.

2. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

that also had alot to do with the hiatus. mad shady.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

3. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

I don't believe that for one second. For the last 4 years I heard he was "addicted" to cocaine, but time and time again this rumor has been proved to be false. I think he likes to party, but theres no way he's addicted to either heroin or cocaine because he'd be far far too burnt out after years of use and he's really not. He just has different aspirations these days. He wants to conduct music, and focus back on his complex pieces of music that have either been lost or he has forgotten over the years due to the bands interest in jamming.

4. RedStar

RedStar Member

i'm curious, how has it been disprooved that Trey's been digging the blow? I talked to someone , whose credibility is spurrious, whjo said he was partying with them and they had grand ammounts of coke they all partook of. i take that with a grain of salt.. but the idea isn't terribly unrealistic. Everyone thought Jerry was too smart to get addicted to Heroin and we all know how that turned out...

5. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Trey doesn't have an addiction problem with Coke, though he does use a lot of it - there is no denying this. Having lived in northern vermont for a number of years, I ran with a number of his close friends, most of whom had some ownership in the Higher Ground Club and all spoke of his affinity to the drug.

This being said, Phish is not breaking up because of Trey's addiction to coke, Phish is breaking up because of Trey's addiction to Trey. He is cut from the same mold as artist's like Sting and now that the success of Phish has enabled him to be a successful solo artist where it can be all Trey, all the time - he's going this route.

6. RedStar

RedStar Member

no i dont buy into the whole "they're just breaking up over trey's egomania" explanation.
    Even if he does go on to have a successful solo career, which is likely, it's not because he wants it to be "all trey all the time." Doing solo work gives him the ability to perform outside the shadow of the entity known as Phish which has been wearing the guys down. That lets him experiment more and do other things that can be seen more for what they are rather than whether or not it's good Phish or not.

redStar