Travelling Barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Barefoot Lover, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Barefoot Lover

Barefoot Lover Member

Have you ever travelled barefoot on public transportation, buses, trains, planes etc. What was your experience and what comments did you get? How long were you barefoot for?

2. barefootrick

barefootrick Member

All the time.

I especially love using the London Underground. Some great textures, amusing 'looks' and soles as black as coal by the time you're finished. :)

I've flown barefoot quite a few times too. Only once was I ever asked to put footware on. I slipped a pair of flip flops on to walk onto the plane, took them off as soon as I got to my seat and stowed them in my backpack where they stayed. I disembarked barefoot to no comments. What were they going to do ? Refuse to let me off the plane ? :)

3. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

Just like barefootrick, I have travelled on public transit buses throughout the U.S. and abroad barefoot. I have received looks of approval, thumbs up, and unfortunately the negative comments as well. However, since my sense of style is that of a slob, I am sure the disapproving individuals assumed I was a homeless person.

Prior to 9/11, I would wear flip flops. Since then with all of the security checks, I have boarded and flown barefoot without any problems. It is actually much easier for me. However, I have not been able to convince my travelling companions to fly BF.:(

4. Au Naturel

Au Naturel Member

I've flown over 30 flights all BF. My shoes come off as soon as I enter the terminal building and never go back on. I've only been hassled by male flight attendants. On my last trip, I was at the self-serve ticket booth and an airline employee asked where my shoes were. I told her I was ready for the security line. She said "that is so cool". Then she started chatting about how security has changed, etc. I always drive BF, even in rental cars. I check in and out of hotels BF and sometimes go to restaraunts BF (depends on the establishment) If it's an airport restaraunt, I'm definitely bf. I'm always BF when I eat b-fast in the hotel lobby. I nearly got my foot ran over by a guy's large suit case on a rental car shuttle. The coolest thing is I've had co-workers travel with me and they end up bf too.

5. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

I'm thinkin I'm gunna try this when I fly back home on Sunday the 6th. I have a fairly long day of flights ahead of me and a layover in Vancouver for a little more than an hour. Guess I'll have plently of time to try it out :)
    I drive all the time barefoot. Infact, I think that I drive better barefoot. (well, a little better, I'm told I'm not the best driver in the world....)
    I don't have any busses around where I live, but when I used to live in the city, I would go barefoot once and a while. Most of the time, no one noticed or cared.
    But yeah, other than that, not too much out of the ordinary.
    I find that I'll think that I'll get a lot of weird looks, but once my shoes are off, no one notices. I went to my docs appointment a few weeks ago, walked the whole way barefoot (and lost my flip-flops in the mean time), and when I even brought it up with my doc, he shrugged and ignored it.

6. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

In the summer, I'm always barefoot except for work, which includes bus and metro. They have a law against that but so far, nobody have said anything...which is cool!

7. Kees

Kees Member

I doubt it there is a law against using the public transport without shoes.
    Never heard of any such law anywhere , Are you sure about this?

I always travel barefoot on the ferry, since I live on an island.