Traveling, meeting people, don't know how to make things change

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Rossy, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Rossy

Rossy Member

I've been trying to drop the modern standard lifestyle for well over 4 months now but it's really difficult because I don't know where to go or what to do. I've lived in 4 different states in the last 4 months trying to find some kind of life with even a small amount of love, close friendship, etc, but haven't found anything like that. I tried the communal lifestyle a bit but I haven't been able to find one that's more about people than ideas, and human interaction has been minimal so far. Traveling with other people would be fun, or living in one place, or living nomadically... or even having an apartment near some active places, it's just impossible to figure out how to get things going. It's not going to be a right place right time thing either, I live on the Cape in Mass and I doubt that anything goes on here. I'm already packed, hah, just don't have anywhere to move. It's hard to really elaborate why I'm posting this... I guess I'm just asking, can anyone point me in the right direction? Where do I find you guys? Haha

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

3. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

There are so many Rainbows out there who have never been to a gathering. Gathering ain't the requirement, neither is dreds or funky clothes or smoking pot. Just headspace/heartspace. So, no matter where you are, or no matter where you go, the chances of meeting others are pretty good. It's a vibe thing... Best thing to do is open your heart and mind, approach life as an adventure. Get yourself right first, and then project that out into the world. "They" will find you.

4. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wonderful advice, Earthmother!!

I've found for myself that I meet people from the jobs I have gotten in cool, hip places around the country (please don't misunderstand me, I'm not of the "just go get a job" crowd...!), I've worked part/full time at some very earthy natural food stores, etc., and still have some very kynd friends (some from yrs. back) from those places. If that is not your style, you may want to volunteer at some organization in whatever locale you find yourself (an organization that tends to attract Rainbow sorts of folks), even if only temporarily. And as Earthmother said, just be who you are, and you will naturally attract those of like mind, spirit and heart. Good luck to you!!

5. makno

makno Senior Member

there are boston area rainbows ....they have potlucs ...i met a lot of eastern mass folk in w.v. although the rest of new england was hiding