Travel Tribe for Rainbow Gathering 2013

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by XavierJSun, Jan 14, 2013.

1. XavierJSun

XavierJSun Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to connect with anyone interested in putting together a new Travel Tribe to go to the gathering in Montana this summer. I am a male 27 years old and I'll be starting my travel from Florida, hitching, around Feb. I would like to meet up with others that are headed to Montana and spend the next few months traveling and going to shows along the way. So if anyone thinks that would be fun. Post on here and let's discuss. I'll shoot out an e-mail for personal details and such. I need to get my post count up as well so help me do that by opening up the dialogue. Look forward to hearing from all of you. If we all get along maybe we can start our own kitchen or a band or something.

Peace & Love

Xavier J. Sun

2. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

hey Brother. i am in Iowa, thinking of going. Never been to a gathering before, but camped with a few of rainbow fam last summer. would love to go this summer. i am a male age 22.

3. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

what can you tell me about the gatherings, and shows you might be seeing

4. XavierJSun

XavierJSun Member

Well, we are in the same boat. I haven't been to an official or national gathering yet either, but I have camped with the Ocala family in Florida and they are fun. Mostly it's a gathering to pray for world peace and share food and music and just vibe with each other and talk about ways we can be the change we want to see in the world, to steal the famous Ghandi quote, the shows are AURA fest that i mentioned before on Feb. 15th -17th in Live Oak, the Rainbow Gathering is July 4th week usually like two or three days around the 4th so like the 3rd - 6th, and Burning Man is Aug 26 - Sept. 2nd So that leaves 4 months to get to Montana afte Aura, I'll have to check some more dates but I am sure there are some shows along the way to go to like local bars, coffee shops or pubs, like TN, KY, Illinois, I don't know it's just kind of a loose plan in my head but I want to try to set it up and meet people along the way.

5. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

Well I know that in late Aug. I am going to be at the 13th annual Gathering of The Juggalos at cave-in Rock Illinois. so I do not think I will be at Burning Man this year, however The Rainbow Gathering is well with in my abilities to get to. I will own a van by then so put down as a contact. pm me if you want my email.

6. XavierJSun

XavierJSun Member

Awesome sauce!

Do you know of any local shows in Iowa or the surrounding area between March and June?

I'll def hit you up on the way.

7. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

let me check things out.

8. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

well these are the shows im going to be at.

05-09-13 Davenport IA Tech N9ne at the Danceland Ballroom

to be honest thats the only show i can find, there is not much going on here in iowa lol.

9. luvione

luvione Member

hello,
    all are welcome to pray for peace on the 4th of july in the woods, on the land.
    Rainbow Family of Living Light,,,, is not a festi,, it is a spiritual, healing and coming together for Peace. i guess my best advice is,,, cover your shit,,, have your own spoon and bowl! Drink lotsa water!
    And walk in Peace!
    lovins!

10. XavierJSun

XavierJSun Member

Love and Light, Luvi thanks for the kind advice!

Great one, I have a friend who will be travelling with me, will be in Iowa in early to mid June. Whats the van situation? Can you e-mail me PJFXS@aol.com. I can't PM. Either way let's stay in contact. You can hitch with us if nothing else.

11. Isadoran

Isadoran Member

I have been to 2 Rainbow gatherings in my life. Now that I am physically disabled I doubt I can successfully attend one in comfort. I remember the long hikes to the main circle in my youth. Clean water is one of the biggest issues at a gathering. Make sure you have plenty. In Minneapolis, MN there is a place called Seward cafe that is an easy place to hitch rides to the gathering from. I use to work there when I was young. If you travel through the state of Minnesota I recommend you stop there.

12. XavierJSun

XavierJSun Member

Isadoran, peace, light, and love to you, thank you for the great advice, if we end up that way, we'll check it out, your knowledge is something you can share with others and influence future generations and you have done just that!

13. luvione

luvione Member

Water is not the problem it was thanks to team hydration! And where Spirit is willing many folks who are disabled come home,,, we will carry you in!
    Handi-camp rocks! Lovins!

14. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Driving up to Montana for the gathering from Colorado with my friend. We have room for someone who'd need a lift up there C: Just putting that out there!

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Bump it may make some folks happy.

16. Nomad by Nature

Nomad by Nature Guest

what part of Florida you in? Im in Osceola nat forest now. looking for a travel partner for the trip to national. gas split would be great

17. DillaDactyl

DillaDactyl Guest

hey there XavierJSun...I would love to meet up with ya and hitch our way to Montana this year...I got to do some travelin last year and even hit the gathering in Bristol...

18. cozmo_g

cozmo_g Is Out Of This World

I'm in Arkansas...anybody 'round here interested in making it a road trip with me and my friend from Missouri? I'm going, dammit, even if i have to walk!

19. pa-gan

pa-gan Guest

i'm in maryland I would love to travel with you guys, I am ready to go whenever.

20. jessedrake699

jessedrake699 Guest

I am traveling from Pittsburgh for the Montana 2013 gathering.
    Can take about three with me.
    Would like to know a little about rainbows I'm picking up, so send me a link if you're going my way.
    Helping out with driving and gas is a plus.

I'm traveling clean, as I hear the law is basically awaiting us at the gates.
    If you really need your treats, we may work something out to slide it under the table.

Am willing to go a little out of my way for someone with whom I'd share a kind of resonance.