Travel The world

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Yebahead, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Yebahead

Yebahead Member

2. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

yeah i wanna travel the world too..i heard about this thing...ah i 4got it was called. ill get bak 2 u on it wen i find it!!!

3. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I'd like nothing better than to travel this wide world of ours...I've been as far as Newfoundland, Scotland, and Britain, in addittion to the US where I live...but I want to see a lot more...

But yes, cash...well, I don't do too well with it...

4. organix

organix Member

traveling the world is not so difficult. there are many programs to help you do it. teaching english abroad is the easiest way to do it. it is in high demand all over the world.

i currently teach english in shenzhen, china. they paid for my airline ticket, they provide me with a furnished apartment, take care of my bills, and give me a salary of US$500 per month. (this translates into upper class here, its more than enough) many people work for US$1,000 or more per month though. i get less because i came with a large program but it had other benefits that are worth it to me. (www.chinaprogram.org)

thailand, japan, korea, china, take your pick, they are all hiring foreign english teachers left and right. we are in high demand. you live there and get to know the place, people, and culture deeper. i think thats a better way to travel. plus there is lots of vacation time and opportunity to visit surrounding regions.

the only qualifications you need are usually 1: to be a native speaker of english, and 2: to hold a college degree.

if you are further interested, try these websites:

www.tefl.com
    www.daveseslcafe.com

peace,
    jesse

5. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

Travel de trail 2 Katmahnduh, little buddy.
    All it takez iz long hair, ah will a little cash to get goin,
    then U R DARE.

6. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

Ive travelled all over India and been to Tibet and am currently in America. Next fall I will probably go to either Africa or South America on an internship. Plus Im gonna be in the journalism game after that, which would mean getting around a lot.

Travelling in India is very cheap, you could survive there for $100 a month if you're careful. Round trip airfare is $1200 or so, could be even less. Happy trails!

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

If you ever reach Honduras... my door is always open to travelers.

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I would love to travel to different countries... it'd be fun!

9. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Honduras always seemed more like a state of mind then a location. [​IMG]