Trappistes Rocheforte

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by crummyrummy, Apr 9, 2007.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

WHich is your favorite?
    [​IMG]

yes, I know I misspelled it, and yes I feel stupid

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The No. 8 is the only one I've had. It's too expensive for my wallet. It's like $8 for a 11.2oz bottle here. Very, very good beer, though. One of the best in the world.

3. crummyrummy

I think thats what I paid. I picked up a 10 on sat and paid like 6.99, the 6 was like 11 bucks, only seen it once.

4. nesta

nesta Banned

really? wow, you guys are out of luck. i got rochefort 8 for my first time last night (the only rochefort i've had) and the 11.2oz bottle was 4.99.

it was wonderful, btw, but i can't say its my favorite of their beers simply because its the only one i've tried

tonight i'll have a bottle of ommegang's flagship brew, ommegang. i really love their hennepin (though i thought foret, made by dupont, was better), and three philosophers is absolutely amazing, and rare vos is tremendous as well.....

but i've never had their regular ommegang abbey ale. i'm anxious. right now i'm struggling to finish a michelob ultra amber (i'm poor at the moment and thought i'd try some cheap light beer to try and supplement my normal purchases...i dont mind this TOO much, but it certainly isnt very good. if i werent poor right now i'd have tried the sam adams light instead....i've heard for a light beer its pretty good. i do like a number of sam adams products, even if boston beer company isn't my favorite brewery)

5. nesta

nesta Banned

double post

6. crummyrummy

I have only had the ommegan abbey ale, its good

7. Bluefrost1

Bluefrost1 That wierd guy.

I just stocked about 20 cases of both the no. 8 and the 10 at work today. I haven't tried it yet, it doesn't really sell very fast so I never really considered it. There are a lot of rarer and specialty beers where I work... Which ones would you recommend?