Train derailment in Ohio gets toxic

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Toker, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I saw some footage someplace that showed some of the tracks leading up to the crash site. Beat up old timbers.....like 90% of the rail lines in service today. The same technology they used in 1865.

Sheeoooot, it's jes' vinyl chloride. It should be ok by 2060. Now, where did all that big black plume end up?

This little town probably didn't even have the water capacity to keep this fire cool.

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well here it is February 20th and I am just hearing the State has setup a health clinic in that town...

Talk about too little, too late.

Joe90 likes this.
  3. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

FEMA had to stop for gas and directions.

Joe90 likes this.
  4. Shy0ne

Shy0ne Members

I thought you were talking about hunter biden ;)

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ohio is a little slow at things... But I'm sure they will have plenty of band-aids.

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

7. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

When dealing with vessels ( tanks ) it is better to let them vent. Then to allow excessive pressure build up inside of the tank. A controlled release is less hazardous then a exploding vessel. The ruptured vessel (s) were going to self vent into the air with a zero chance of capturing the contents. One prevention method would be to deluge the tankers to cool them off. But the result of doing so would be adding more hazardous runoff then what you already have.
    It's a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation.

Many years ago I did training on tanks, tankers etc. With the fire dept that I was on. And dealt with a few such calls over the years. None that match the magnitude of this incident.
    It is easy to make armchair calls after the facts. But unless you have " been there, done that " . And have that experience we should not be putting the local emergency services, volunteer or paid in a negative light. Very few if any have the resources required to handle a multi railcar derailment and fire

Joe90 and snowtiggernd like this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The railroads have fought safety regulations tooth and nail for years, just like most large corporations do when money is at stake. Fuck the public---money is king.

Joe90 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

scratcho and Joe90 like this.
  11. Joe90

Joe90 Members

A very nice compilation well done I of to YouTube to hear the rest thank you.

12. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Once again, look at the footage from the latest derailment.....those tracks are beat.