Trailer Park Boys

Discussion in 'TV' started by dreama, May 16, 2004.

1. dreama

dreama Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Does anyone else watch this series? I just discovered them this winter when my daughter's boyfriend brought home seasons 1 and 2 on DVD...it is downright hilarious. They aren't even very good actors, but the show is just plain funny. Poor Ricky trying to get his grade 10 while he grows dope, and Julian who can't move 2 feet without a rum and coke in his hands, and then there is Bubbles and his kitties...come on, it is too funny...and with a buzz on, well there is no match...

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

what is it? I've never heard of it.

3. dreama

dreama Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It is a kind of fake reality show, where a camera follows around these 3 guys in "Sunnyvale Trailer Park". They are big dopeheads and are always getting into trouble. It is filmed in the Dartmouth area of Nova Scotia, and is in its 4th season, with quite a cult following here in the province.

tune in tonight if you get a chance...I think it comes on Showcase. I have only seen it on DVD as I don't get Showcase.

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Oohh...I'll have to check it out. Have you ever seen The Young Ones on BBC? It's from the 80's...it's awesome.

5. Marlyn

Marlyn Member

I've loved Trailer Park Boys for like 3 years now :p they are the best! I remember this one episode where they had the clone plants in this trailer and they were fleeing the cops and they flipped the truck - or car i forget which and then julian comes out without a drop spilled of his drink, then when the cops come bubbles acts like the owner of the farm :p gawd, best show EVER.

6. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

Fuckineh! YEAH! ricky julian, bubbles, you cant beat that!watch the bloopers on the dvds, lol they fuck up their lines and shit it's awesome!

7. Just4laughs

Just4laughs Member

I think it just recently started in the States its on at 9:00 Sunday on BBC but a lot of the swearing is edited out. I think this is a great show. Did you see Trailer Park Boys the movie its what they based the series on?

8. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

i love trailer park boys!!! fuckin a!!!

"i'm sorry julian, we thought you was the samsquanch monster." :D

9. CrAzYStaRR

CrAzYStaRR Member

I will have to get ahold of the DVD's. That sounds so funny.
    I live in a trailer park in Ohio, and the people around here are so stupid. Most have little to no teeth,french rolled jeans, loud cars, annoying kids, and get arrested all the time! I should get them on tape!
    I have only lived here a few months, and this is the first time I have lived in a trailer park. My boyfirend has always lived in one, and he thinks its funny because I cant get over some of the people here. They really are the reason trailer parks have a bad name.
    I tell him that you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you cant take the trailer park out of the boy!!!!

10. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

Trailer Park Boys is pure genius. It's the best television show out there.

11. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

yea trailer park boys is prety damn funny. i don't know about the later seasons but i know the earlier seasons they didnt even have lines...they had a premise of what the episode was going to be about, and who was doing what, but they just kind of freeestyled it as far as the lines went.

the young ones on bbc is pretty funny...but...meh, im not such a big fan. the humour is a lil too british for me (mind you monty python kicks ass)

12. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

i don't watch it, but my boyfriends uncle is best friends with bubbles, they were in a band together a few years ago or something and they are still best friends.

13. wideyed

wideyed Member

"goddamit julian, dont knock jail, we met alotta good friends there"hahaha!