Torture

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by dirtydog, Apr 24, 2009.

1. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Religious texts are you interpret them, the Islamic world was the first to grant women full legal rights in both property and marriage as well as having women as educators in universities.

2. joewalsh

joewalsh Guest

speaking of how things are interpreted... how open to interpretation is "full legal rights"?

full legal rights might sound good.. but if I have full legal rights in a country where it is legal to kill me. that "full legal right" doesn't stop me from being killed now does it?

A christian woman has "full legal rights" in pakistan doesn't stop her from being raped as she walks down the street, or from being sentenced to death for possibly insulting the prophet.

Likewise if a woman has full legal rights in property and marriage, that might mean she gets 1/5 of the property that her husband leaves when he dies.. the other 4/5 might go to his other wives.

In summary, legal rights do NOT equal equality.

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I must say, if you think the torturers themselves should be punished, you should look up the stanford prison experiment. Being in that kind of power, for the average joe (think Stan from "american dad") horribly perverts. However, those trusted to oversee this sort of thing are supposted to be of stellar character, which is why they're doing that job in the first place, and everyone above the torturers themselves should be punished, to varying degrees.

4. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Guest

I suspect if Obama lasts into a 2nd term and wins back some house seats we'll get to see how clean the liberal's hands stay. They already want to control things even more than the original overboard intention and use of the Patriot Act did. Amazing how the people who scream the loudest (read in Nancy P.) are the quickest to adopt the elitism they claim to despise and even go beyond their opposition in the abuses. (check out Nancy's jet, extra offices on the left coast, etc.)

5. chr0nic

chr0nic Banned

Obama is a god.

6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Yeah, attack everyones favorate flaming ****, we totally had NO idea about pelosi.... Oh wait...

There are no true liberals in power right now, or none with real power to do anything. What you're saying is proof of it. They're doing the same thing as the right wing, and calling themselves the left wing.... No, that makes them the right wing, no matter what they call it.

7. Geriatric Delinquent

Geriatric Delinquent Member

More like, "who would Jesus poo jab"!!

OH MAH GUARD. John Wayne would roll over in his draft dodging grave! The most Christian, most fearless and fightingest military ever known, is full of FAGGOTS and rapists!! :eek::eek:

read it and weep, Rambos

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

They forgot how the marines all suddendly put their hands in their pockets, and held their torturers tools in front of them...

9. Progressive Pete

Progressive Pete Guest

i cant believe no one has been punshed for the torture at GITMO and other places. its all a big coverup dude. its bad and we only have ourselves to blame.

10. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

11. Geriatric Delinquent

What do you call someone like me, who absolutely delighted in beating up the bullies (true story) who beat up kids like you?

12. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Oh, you mean like the US does all over the world?:sunny:

Beating up bullies can be fine... but as a general rule, it's a very dangerous habit, because you must become a carefully controlled version of them, as the US clearly shows....

13. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Guest

I'm all for invading Canada and stealing their bacon.

14. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

15. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

16. Geriatric Delinquent

Maybe I was, way back then. However quixotic idealists like young Danny are highly unstable individuals. Their minds constantly search for a single universal solution to all the world's injustices.

So it was hardly surprising that within a few years of being expelled from a rabidly anti-Communist Catholic school, the Christo-capitalist Establishment had utterly twisted my innate sense of justice. I truly believed killing every evil atheistic Communist on earth would usher in a new Golden Age of peace and harmony. What a gullible God-bothering dupe of Christ and Adam Smith I was! :eek::eek:

However I have since learnt there is a single solution to humanity's problems. Never let the slightest instance of national and religious narcissism go unchallenged.

17. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned