Toronto 9 Dead From Van On Sidewalk

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

lol wow

Most men who have issues with women, to the bitter/angry/they owe me something level, have mother issues. Just like women who hate men, usually have shitty relationships with their dads, if at all. Feminism is flawed but it likely serves as a trigger for men who already have serious issues.

stormountainman likes this.
  2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Where's my Cosmo?

OrleansWordsmith likes this.
  3. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I think a lot of these guys have actually been coddled by their mothers to the point where they don't see them as people, but as devices that are supposed to shower them with love, attention, favors, etc. They're mad because they can't adjust to scenarios where women don't automatically think they're precious and wonderful, where success depends on personal merits that they don't possess.

The issue might be that they didn't have a true father figure to tell them that they aren't special and people won't just give you whatever you want because you're a special baby boy.

So of course they become nostalgic for an imaginary age where white men were essentially royalty, women were subjugated, gender roles were clearly defined and theirs was clearly favored... because they feel they are entitled to all the sex, money, adoration and power (essentially substitutes for the unconditional [and misguided] love and support offered by their mothers).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Meliai, BeatinFeet69, McFuddy and 2 others like this.
  4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

True, too. But that’s also not having a healthy relationship with one’s parent, when your parent is too permissive and never tells you that you’re wrong.

No one’s parents are perfect but I think when your son is running people over with a car and blaming it on not getting laid enough, you’ve failed as a parent.

5. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

To be honest, I think the issue is more that we've failed as a culture.
    Sure, the mommy issues thing is a primer... but it's all the RWNJ shite that pushed him over the edge.

He wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been presented as acceptable by online communities like 4chan, MGTOW, MRAs, etc. FOX news, Alex Jones, Breitbart, Daily Caller... all of it is connected, all of it promotes the same mindset to varying degrees.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don’t think news organizations are touting that murdering people over feminism is “acceptable.” That’s a reach. lol

Every murderer has “reasons.” The truth is the guy was disturbed to begin with and disturbed people look for groups to be accepted. Like white supermacist groups attract already disturbed people. Healthy minded people aren’t attracted to dark agendas.

wilsjane likes this.
  7. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Welcome to the world we've built for ourselves. Where violence is praised and a person's life value is totaled in dollar signs

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  8. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I am not saying that FOX news promotes mass murder, I am saying that they help to promote and legitimize the attitudes that push people towards communities that do. They won't tell guys like this that they should kill people, but they will tell them that their problems are due to liberals/feminists/the world that the left has created.

Then they will take that anger and other places like MGTOW and 4chan will stoke it up and take it to extremes. 4chan regularly encourages/makes light of mass shootings... at least they used to. It's basically a game to them. MGTOW won't explicitly support them, but they will inevitably absolve the perpetrators from blame and scapegoat the usual suspects-- feminists, women, liberals, the unjust world we live in, etc. And it just keeps going and going like this, the hopelessness and despair and depression growing... pushing people towards desperate, violent acts.

I think it's really unhelpful to reduce this to 'he was just crazy'... evil is seductive, and anyone is capable of falling into that state of mind if they allow themselves to. Nazi Germany, neo-nazis, KKK, Westboro Baptists... these people all allowed themselves to ride their bitterness and resentment and judgments towards horrible conclusions.

9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I didn’t say he was crazy. I said disturbed. Bill Cosby is/was disturbed. Harvey Weinstein, same thing. They’re not crazy, but disturbed. Why, is anyone’s guess, but I have read much that misogynists etc all have dysfunctional childhoods.

That much rage doesn’t come from feminism. It just gets triggered by it.

But....I hear you in a general sense.

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Everyone has problems in life, but in most cases it makes them stronger.
    My father died when I was a child and I was home alone while my mother had to work 40 hours a week.
    Jane's father had an alcohol problem, leaving her to have to take time off school to help her mother raise a family of 14.
    Neither of us see that as any excuse to go around harming others.

OrleansWordsmith and Deidre like this.
  11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Not everyone copes in the same ways. A lot of these men in these movements are hurting, but some are hurtful. I just think that misogyny starts from how they’re raised.

wilsjane likes this.
  12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

10 people died

not 9

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I wish that I knew the solution to the worlds problems. We see them as modern, but things like this have been going on for centuries.
    The only difference is that 60 years ago, no one outside Canada would have known about this current incident.
    Modern media focuses on everything bad that happens in the world. Without the Canadian public knowing about what happened on Westminster bridge last year, this current incident may well not have happened.

14. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

That's the real litmus test in all of this. I've known people who had horrible lives and the idea of going out and killing random people never came up. I realize why people try their best to find mitigating circumstances, it makes some of us "feel good" to find out that a woman managed to track down her rapist and put a slug in his worthless skull. It's something we can somewhat understand.

But these vehicular murderers are targeting people who have no connection to them. They are reacting to their own personal bigotry and seem to think their way is the only way. It's interesting that no matter how obvious a situation is, there's always someone who is just certain the real cause is some speck of dust that landed on the guy and filled him with rage. As if there's just NO other possibility, Occam's Razor be damned.

wilsjane likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

At the end of the day, people killing people is only wrong because we're taught to believe it is. If we really are animals, then whatever instinct somebody has to do anything is natural and these days we're being pushed to believe that too, that we are animals therefore I believe a natural instinct or reaction will take place and if that's someone getting raged and going a bit bonkers, then that's the natural reaction.

There's always one **** seagull in the flock on a beach.

I like to feed him very hot chips, so he can't pick them up. :p

16. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah but, most living creatures--especially highly evolved ones like mammals--have an aversion to killing their own kind. Survival of the species and all. It's actually unnatural to kill each other like this.

Then again, perhaps it's evolutionary. Maybe we're killing each other because we no longer have any natural predators. Maybe we've evolved to keep our numbers in check ourselves since we're no longer at risk of being eaten by saber-toothed tigers and whatnot.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe, but I've seen documentaries where the apes and monkey and raid each other, murder, rape, maim, destroy. And they're the animals people say we came from.

I don't believe we did, I got a long history on this site for speaking up against evolution of that sorts, y'all wanna be monkeys be my guest, but their actions aren't too dissimilar to ours so... There's that.

If you can sit and watch your supposed descendants do the exact same heinous shit we do in our lives, what chance do we really have?

18. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

People dont like me meanwhile Irm is like yeah rape and murder no big deal

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's really not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is trying to get every person in the world to think the same is unrealistic, none of us are common so our common sense isn't either. What makes sense to one person doesn't make sense to the next so somebodies actions or reactions to certain events are going to dramatically change from person to person. What I'm saying is, if we are just animals, then those actions and reactions are natural. We can sit here all day and say it's not right, because it's not right, but only to us. Who knows what others think.

You've a pretty warped sense of reality, so you're a good example.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That's called culture. I think it's beyond our animal selves.

Funny. You reject evolution but see humans as animals. I don't think I've ever come across anyone with that outlook. You're quite the anomaly, my little friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.