Topless!

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by DejaVoo, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

thass not what I mean at all
    I LOVE breasts

I mean problems as far as the massive amounts of oversexed teenagers and the subsequent teen pregnancy and STD epidemics and such
    they always blame hormones, you can't blame hormones THAT much, I have rushing hormones, I just jerk off more :tongue:
    if we didn't repress sexuality so much for so long, this probably wouldn't be happening

2. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Oh, my God...I'm gonna start a petition to repeal the nudity laws...

Yea, you know, I've got a degree in History, and I think people would be shocked at how much societal norms/attitudes have changed regarding fashion...it's true that it used to be considered indecent for men to be topless in public...and even here in Texas, as hot as it was, before air conditioning was invented, men used to almost always wear long-sleeved shirts, even in the grueling heat, because it was considered to be indecent for them not to. I think that's just crazy. I would have never survived it.

And 75-100 years ago, people were raising hell about 'lascivious' women's bathing suits, that only exposed their friggin' ankles, and still covered their knees! Amazing...

3. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

Do not forget we are in the United States that land of the fucking free.:mad: :$ :ack:

4. earthmama120843

earthmama120843 Member

if its so fucking free then why can't i be topless?

5. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

because when the government tells us that the USA is the land of the free...they are proving that they don't know what they are talking about.
    Hey, if we ever get a women president someday I wonder if she will try to change this law.

6. Duck

I don't see why she would
    the majority of people are not on your side on this one I don't think

7. bkcmar

^^Unfortunately everyone, we live in a very sexually repressed society. I maintain a hopeful outlook but, consider how much our social liberties and civil rights have been eroded in the last 6 years under this FUCKING criminal administration. We have given up civil rights for our protection. There is no way the government will surrended the intrusion on our rights it has gained since 9/11. We are living in a horrific era with the worst profiteers and extortionists in our high government positions. Our government wages a criminal war murdering a muslum people for profit. Everytime someone raises an objection to the status quo sexual, racial, women's issues, gay rights, abortion issues are mentioned to divert the publics focus. America generally is a conservative society. Let us put the percentage of conservative judeo christian beliefs at 51%. I know I am being a little bit hopeful. There are many of us free thinkers but we are not in the majority. Our government are murdering the people of Iraq and American youth are dieing in Iraq for oil and gas.

"Remember women must be protected" from the evils of society. However, a society that finds it objectional for a woman to do the most maternal of activities breast feed her child, has a long way to go before topless women can be accepted.

8. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Well, if that woman president is Condy Rice (which I honestly believe it will be) then she's just gonna continue driving the US down the fascist path that Bush has set for it. Lotsa luck with Condy. We need to get our passports ready and hightail it outta here if she gets elected (which I predict she will).

9. earthmama120843

earthmama120843 Member

i don't think a woman president would be a good idea. :]

10. Duck

I don't think Condi or Hilary would be good ideas

I'm sure there are women out there that would make great presidents though

11. bkcmar

Condi would only continue the facist policies of the last 6 years. I have mixed feelings regarding Clinton. At least she is a feminist.

12. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

ok now...has this thread gone from topless to female presidents? Maybe its time for a new thread.

13. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

That's the kind of argument that would (and does) put women in veils and chadors. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, but you are implying that women are somehow to blame when you experience feelings of arousal that make you uncomfortable. Your feelings and how you act on them are your own responsibility.

14. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

It'll be a cold day in hell when a black woman gets elected in this bass-ackward country of ours. Good old boys rule. When's the last time a MAN who wasn't from the south won the presidency?

15. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Could you elaborate? I find this topic riveting, though I am very hesitant to voice my opinion.

16. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Neither will win because we are no where near electing a woman president. However, I do agree with the second statement you made.

17. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

I'm afraid you fail to understand the way the sysytem works in this country. Condi Rice happens to be a member of the elite that controls this country. So is Colin Powell. Black, white, or purple polka-dotted, it makes no difference. The elite determines who runs this country, not the 'voters'.

18. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

The elite are white good old boys. They consider the people you mentioned to be mere tokens. Gulliani or McCain will win the republican nomination. Hilary will lose the democratic nomination.

How old are you?
    Where do you live?
    When is the last time someone other than a white man from the south won the presidency?
    How much you wanna bet?

19. bkcmar

Let's get back on topic guys.

20. benj

benj Member

I agree.

Not only that, but a husband who feels like that has to be extremely insecure. I’d feel proud if guys were looking a my wife’s bare breasts, just like most people feel proud when other people admire something that belongs to them. What’s the difference between that and your owning some exotic or beautiful car like maybe a Lamborghini or something like that and guys are staring at it. So maybe they’d even love to have that car as well, so what? It’s yours. Would you be offended and get all bent out of shape if they stared at it? Would you feel so insecure that you’d keep it covered up and hidden away all the time? There’s nothing wrong with having a beautiful wife and other people looking at her, breasts and all. Doesn’t mean they can get her, that is, unless you don’t have much faith in your marriage. In that case, maybe you shouldn’t even be married to her.

You’re talking from a USA perspective of course, but in many parts of the world, such as Europe, women bare their breasts at beaches and pools all the time and it’s just no big deal. I’ve been to some of those places, and I know. Also, even some resorts and cruise ships not necessarily located on those places, but which cater to European tourists, allow female topless swimming and sunbathing – example, Carnival Cruise Lines.