Topless Women

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Maria420, May 9, 2004.

1. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

Wow teepi, I want to live like you! You had better watch out, I live in Ohio, I might just take you up on that!! ;)

Here's what I've been thinking: People just need to get over it! (I know, I know, they never will, but...) It's just a body! It's beautiful. Even our sexual parts aren't merely for the sex act, we pee, and give birth with them, too! I mean, I pee a lot more than I have sex, if anything their for peeing First, and sex second. Anything that isn't meant to be seen is inside of us, everything on the outside is ok, imho. Just a thought.

2. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

How many women would be sexual attracted if Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp or many other guys walked through their neighborhood topless. I know I would stare & drool. The fact that any man of any size & shape is allowed to walk around topless is a double standard to women. Some women have a smaller chest size then men, either naturally or from breast removal and they still have to cover their chest.
    I'm not asking for total nudity because that's illegal for everyone, just the same right to go topless as men....and only in places that men are allowed to go topless....1 dress code for 1 country.
    I'll assume there must of been a time when men didn't go topless, probably a time when women wasn't allowed to wear pants and/or cover their arms & hair.
    So whenever men started going topless there must of been some people making
    a fuss about it, but it is now normal. It would be the same way if women had the same right.

3. Megara

Megara Banned

like it or not, mens and womens breasts are seen differently by the people in this country. Mens breasts do NOT have the sexual connotations that womens do. NO matter how much you may say "oh i get all hot and sexy over brad pitts breasts" doesnt change the fact that america as a whole doesnt see it that way. You'd most likely drool over brad pitt decked out in a turban and a robe, let alone if he was topless.

Like others have said, there are real problems to solve...but maybe there arent in this country, since this is what feminism seems to have degenerated into.

There is 1 dress code for 1 nation. All sexual parts are covered.

4. Pablo

Pablo Member

Its like he cant comprehend. It may seem little, but if there was something simple you were always required to wear and women werent yould get mad, say everyone thought you should wear some kind of head band, and women didnt have to, it might not be a huge problem but it would say, "We are better than you can can tell you what to do with yourself" And at times like a shirt and bra it would be uncomfortable. Besides why do you argue like this is a forum that will decide on the changing of this issue? I think what were saying is that we want that perception to change. And so what if breasts are sexual, why does that mean they should be covered up, i admit if they were out id look at a lot of women, i wouldent stare any more than i look at womens beautiful bodys when theyre clothed, but im just wondering what harm it would do, why it would be bad, and why you think people who werent used to it couldent just get used to it.

5. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

if breasts are sexual and ALL sexual parts need to be covered, then cover a mans chest too. That would be equal rights! and if men HAD to wear a shirt in the summer then they would complain too.

I breastfed 7 kids, a couple of them for over a year. Breastfeeding is the best way to feed children and the reason I have breasts. Men have no reason to
    show their breast, seeing as they aren't feeding a baby. If women's breasts are used for food, then how can you say food containers are a sexual part needing to be covered.
    If men like Brad Pitt, Mel Gibson, Kevin Costner, Sean Connery can't feed babies then their chest aren't food containers. So if Sly stallon or Steven Segal can flex their chest and get women excited, then it should prove that men have the sexual body part....and according to the law should cover that sexual part up.

6. Pablo

Pablo Member

good point, and also, if the fact that we like to touch or use a part during sex makes it sexual, then wouldent that make mouths more sexual than breasts, and hands even more so? I mean i do a lot of kissing and touching, and other stuff with my mouth and hands during sex. You may argue that hands and mouths have other uses, but breasts are too, they are primarily to feed babys. and i for one, even if i was very ofended by breasts, would not make it dificult for a baby to eat just cause it made me blush.

7. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

check this out www.topfreedomusa.0catch.com

In 1935, 42 men were prosecuted for wearing a swimsuit without a top in public in Atlantic City,NJ. Guess the law finally changed in 1939 to allow men the right to go topless. Maybe women should try this and 4 yrs from now we might get the law changed for us also.

8. Megara

Megara Banned

lets see, Lets list the parts that America deems as sexual. Female Breasts. A males Penis/testicles. A woman's Vagina.

I'll say it again..there is 1 dress code, all sexual parts. If you want mens chests to be covered, then try and start a movement making mens breasts sexual objects.

I'm sorry, but to say that mens breasts and womens breasts are BOTH seen as sexual by the people in this country is absolutely WRONG.

Breastfeeding and walking aroudn topless are 2 completely different things. Women are gauranteed the right to breastfeed in every state i believe, women however, are not allowed to walk around topless. People arent trying to make women cover up so they cant breastfeed

9. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

a CHEST is a chest, men and women both have nipples and some men have bigger breast then I do, and if in some strip clubs the female dancers have to keep their nipples covered up...why? And don't tell me that men don't have nipples so it ain't the same or unequal.
    Women's breasts are mostly fat & milk glands. The fat on a women's stomache or hips or flabby arms may not be attractive to most but we don't have to cover that. But the fat on our chest we women have to cover. FAT IS FAT no matter who it's on, and NOBODY HAS EXPLAINED WHY MEN GOT THE RIGHT TO GO TOPLESS IN 1939!!!. Brother's, sons and husbands all got to go topless. Maybe even some women complained about it like men would if women got that right now, but they would get used to it just like we had to.

10. Megara

Megara Banned

you just choose to ignore why men can and women cant...

the sexuality of a breast has NOTHING to do with a size. A woman with D breasts doesnt have more sexual breasts than someone with a b cup. It has to do with gender, not size.

"Writing for a unanimous court in Buzzetti v. City of New York, 97-7585, Circuit Judge Pierre N. Leval declared that "we must recognize that the public reactions to the exhibition of the female breast and the male breast are highly different"

Noting that the city's objective is "not to oppress either gender's sexuality but to control effects that flow from public reaction to the conduct involved," Judge Leval said it was "permissible" to classify "female toplessness differently from the exhibition of the male chest.""

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/6107/USA/Mar2498NYLJ.html

that is why it is permissible to have laws restricting women going topless. The courts say that womens breasts are classified differently than male breasts.

You just dont choose to accept it.

11. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

12. Megara

Megara Banned

i got it from YOUR site

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/6107/USA/usa.html ...click on the link that says 1998

No, you refuse to accept that a womans breasts are sexual and a mans arent. Look, we arent going to agree on this. No matter what you say, it wont change how america sees breasts.

Others have said this before, but there are bigger battles to fight.

13. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Did you notice that the judge was a man? Aren't most people in congress making laws... male?so you mean that you have never seen a man's chest that turned you on sexual? So you never ran fingernails down a man's chest and had them get sexual excited?

14. Megara

Megara Banned

no, i havent....i'm a guy btw

so what if the judge was a man. If a female judge ruled that women can go topless, could i turn around and say its biased? To assume that the judges are corrupt pretty much brings down our whole justice system.

15. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Yea! say it! what would happen if the judge is female? The fact is, these things are useless mindless things to think about, it is better to think about how to get women more rights in the normal course of events, like in the work place , in sports, in livelihood.

Also we have to think about how men should also be protected of their rights, because if a woman is equal to a man, she should not expect him to turn his seat over to her in a public place just because she is a "lady", ladies won't be first then.

The fact is, we are in a way equal yet different, we have to respect that. As far as I know it, female breasts are sensual and makes men think about sex so much that its uncontrollable.

As far as I know, women look at a guy's face and his attitude more than his chest.

We are same on an intellectual level, but on a basic level of reproduction , we have different preferences and that should be respected. In a real world, sexual preferences should not interfere with the task at hand!- business, livelihood etc. because it makes many people including me very uncomfortable.

If you want to go topless, close your blinds in your house and run around naked, no one is saying anything. I don't see whats with this want of showing breast is... if it is about equality- try to find equality in colleges and in the work place, rather than finding equality in making the other gender more horny.

16. Megara

Megara Banned

welll said...i must ask though, what inequality do you see in sports? Are you talking about things like women not allowed to play in the masters?

17. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I don't see anything wrong with women playing sports either. My son likes the basketball player ?Rebecca Lobo? And yes if women can do the job then they should get the SAME=EQUAL pay as a man. I said before I don't like double standards in ANY issue. Women are not crippled, they can open their own doors, pay their own bills, go into the military, run for a political office or whatever.

18. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

There was alot of inequality in the past in sports and we changed that, but you see now we have to change the inequality for girls in schools. Middle school and high school for our young ones is tough, hey I am not a girl but it was tough for me when I was in middle school and high school. For them to relax, they need sports , not sit like couch potatoes all the time in front of the TV as soon as the school ends... and its true , they do that I have seen it with my own eyes. So, we need to encourage these kids to get into sports, make a hobby , become healthy both in mind and body. We can increase their self esteem, increase their power to say "no" to an abusive boyfriend in the future. They should have the power to say "no" to the totally unhealthy skinny image that they have or will conjure up for themselves. They have to have the self esteem that makes them be loved and cherished by people around them rather than be loved and cherished because of their "body" .

We have to encourage girls into sports just like we have to encourage boys into sports and it is happening. If you want to help out then everyone can help out those organizations that are making it possible for both boys and girls to be encouraged into sports.

There is still inequality in schools that are far down south and middle west.... we have to change their attitudes about what girls are and how they should be viewed. This is what we need in sports.

19. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Very true Jedi. Sports are good for kids, personally I liked soccer, archery, gymnastics, volleyball. I was never very good at hockey, football or basketball, but my oldest daughter likes to play basketball

20. Pablo

Pablo Member

Look, heres what we need to do, women just need to start going topless when they feel like it, they will be prosecuted, but overtime the government will start to notice how silly it is to arest a woman for simply going out without a shirt on. And people will acept it as normal more. Eventually it will change the law and people perception of breasts as secret things only for sex, that perception is an insult to women in general.

And to aid that, we should start a chairity which pays womens fees for being topless, to further help the protest.

and then when the stuffy people like merga here freak out, like the stuffy people always do when change comes, there will be nothing they can do, but maybe move to gated comunities with localised, no topless women, laws.