Top 10 Ways Pups Sneak Onto Your Computer And How To Avoid Them.

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Dude111, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

1 person likes this.
  2. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

from an admin perspective this could be handled a number of different ways, depending on how knowledgeable the users are. first, just limiting install rights would probably cut this down by 90%. the smarter users might learn to do local installs on their accounts but this can be easily handled with group policies, but just limiting admin rights would probably be enough in most situations.

2 people like this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

install from source. compile and build yourself, you'll know what's in there because you can read all the code ...

obviously it has to be open source, some random program that you can't look at the code im not sure I would trust.

1 person likes this.
  5. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

came to say this

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

a lot of malware can do a lot of damage when they fuck with the shared libraries and replace .DLLs in windows which can cause problems even after uninstalling. they never tell you what they're going to do either (like what they're depndencies are and shit like that)....

any shared runtime libraries a simple free program needs should be either linked against common libraries or installed in the install path of the program (c:\program files\...). what a (nice) program should NOT do is replace common libraries with alternate versions or touch the configuration of other parts of the system. that's a bad design if that is required for the program to function and has a high chance of breaking something.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes thats one major reason I like standalone exes!!

8. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

A standalone exe, given enough privileges, can screw things around just like an installer.

9. Codemouse

Codemouse Dr. Spc. Cody

Yeah, since people can read all the languages that these apps come in, right? I bet you have all of them down by now......

OR

Just have one comp for everyday stuff knowing that people and gov. see it and another one that is secure and only for looking at certain things and all the "stuff" you don't want other people seeing or knowing.