Tooths

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Posthumous, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I quit coffee for a month now, only because I'm vain and didn't like the way it stains my teeth, and they're already back white to again.

I have a theory that if you brush your teeth with rubbing alcohol once a week it kills all the germs, and you'll never have to see a dentist or have gum problems. It's pretty nasty though, and I wonder if there is any sublingual absorption and if I'm poisoning myself, cuz the liver converts isopropanol to acetone, and I know that can't be too good for you.

2. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

that reminds me of this hilarious story this gay florist from Brazil I met in rehab once told.

you could probably get away with it, but that can't be good for you.

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

How I would love to quit coffee, but I love it so...
    Glad your teeth are white again guy...As for brushing your teeth with rubbing alcohol, I have no idea.. Though people bleach their teeth and who knows what's in that stuff..

4. Makaveli_Reborn

Makaveli_Reborn No?

I would think your liver wont have much to work with if you don't swallow it.

5. Posthumous

I've been drinking green tea instead. Hope they don't turn green . :D

6. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

My science teacher use to put a drop of flouride in her daughters mouth a day, before they knew what would happen. Now her teeth are fucked severly.

Dentist may be a bitch but mise well let professionals do the work.

7. treehuggerT

treehuggerT Member

Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is a liver toxin if ingested. Why not just use commercial mouthwash, like Listerine? It contains alcohol (not rubbing alcohol). Or just use vodka instead.

8. Makaveli_Reborn

Makaveli_Reborn No?

Vodka mouth wash? Don't know many people who could handle that. I don't think I could.

9. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

I've heard of people using peroxide, but not rubbing alcohol....I don't think it's a good plan. I use an antiseptic mouthwash that kills the germs just fine.

10. Posthumous

I suspect 100 proof vodka is too hydrophilic. White Lightning might do though. :)