Tooth Remineralization?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by YouFreeMe, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, it doesn't have to taste yucky for no reason! I don't demand minty freshness but if a toothpaste recipe happens to taste disgusting by itself it is appreciated something is done with the taste of course.

2. Gr@ce

Gr@ce Members

A friend of mine did it and says it was really helpful for her enamel.

3. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I'm wondering if you still use this toothpaste and if you've seen any results? I just came across an activated charcoal tooth powder that I wanted to get to sprinkle on my toothpaste for extra whitening power. It also claims to remineralize teeth and I was wondering if the claims could possibly be true.

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Did not help me, that I know of. I had a very small cavity though, no numbing agent was needed to fill it. Possible the powder shrank it or prevented it from growing? Hard to say. I have heard good things about activated charcoat, and I would give it a try.

5. Mattekat

I probably will try it out then. I already use an all natural toothpaste, it just doesn't have the whitening power my old toothpaste had.

6. Mattekat

Well I finally got the activated charcoal powder and tried it out for the first time today. I ended up just getting a big tub of plain activated charcoal and will possibly get a few other things to mix with it. I'll have to do some research about what those other things should be. So far I like it. I just sprinkled some on top of my regular toothpaste. It looked really gross when I spit into the sink, but it left my teeth feeling extra clean. 4 hours plus one caffeinated soda later and my teeth still feel like I just brushed them!

1 person likes this.
  7. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

One's teeth has nutritional requirements just like the rest of their body does. It's not quite so far fetched

8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've been using Lumineux sensitive mouthwash, it claims to re-mineralize your teeth. Don't know about that, but it has greatly helped my sensitivity.