Tool

Discussion in 'Music' started by Aditi, May 16, 2004.

1. Aditi

Aditi Member

who loves tool?
    whose ever seen them live?
    i haven't
    what was it like??
    love to you

2. pomunus

pomunus Member

I love tool. I love tool alot. I have never seen them live although I did see a perfect circle live and I know it's nothing like tool but maynard was still there and it kicked ass. I would really love to see tool live though.

3. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I've never had the pleasure to see Tool live, but I am seeing A Perfect Circle soon. I know it's not Tool, but it still should be a great show none the less.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i like some of their material... some of it is a little rough for me.

5. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

I love Tool and APC. Auf der Maur is pretty damn good stuff too.

6. sassure

sassure Member

Tool is a fine band....I wish I had seen them with King Crimson.....

7. migle

migle Senior Member

TooL was in Madrid two yeras ago, and i couldn't see them, and A Perfect Circle was here about a month ago and again i couldn't see that voice genius, so i'm fucking disappointed, but some friends of mine were in the APC concert and they said it was amazing, you could close your eyes and you didn't know if you were listening to the record, he can keep his voice live as on the record, that's really hard.
    Ummm, and I love them too, if you were guessing :D

8. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

i luv tool. i saw apc live a couple weeks ago. it was awesome, but maynard hides his face so much with that band. he does have alot of great things to say though. i loved listening to him talk. i'm sure a tool show would be just as kick ass.

9. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

I really like Tool a lot - I think their stuff ten years or so back was better then now, but they definitely are still good and have their own unique sound, and they are all amazingly talented. APC is all right as well. A friend of mine has seen both Tool and APC in concert twice each, and I am really jealous. :mad: So many people say they are so freakin' good live, I just want to see 'em at least once.

10. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

I'm actually really into Tool. I've seen them twice, the first time being the most religious thing ever. First of all, Maynard Keenan's voice is the most wonderous thing I've ever heard. Second, Danny Carie's (sp?) drumming is insane. Like literally, it's crazy. So I went to their show back in 2002 in August and I was a light-weight smoker at the time so we smoked a bowl and I was so high that I was like falling over. We sat up really high so I could see over the whole stage and they synchronized the lights with the music (as concerts normally do), but the lights were of like Alex Grey's artwork (the eye and such) and then there were screens playing the most fucked up video's. There was other psychadelic art surrounding the stage. Everything flowed together so well that I thought I was seeing god. There were people moshing down below, but it isn't about that. That band is actually really spiritual and DMT oriented. They are my favorite artists and I would advise anyone to go to their shows just for the sheer beauty of it. Peace and love all.

11. Aditi

Aditi Member

ah hah, waiting for the sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was especially interested if anyone did see the concert with alex grey's house of mirrors artwork. that must have been exactly like you said it was. lol. fantastic. that is wonderful. tool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tell me more . . .
    :)
    lub yas

12. people_lovr

people_lovr Member

WAITINGFORTHESUN
    I'm so glad you mentioned the drummer. I love Tool so much. They are probably my favorite band of all time. So people assume I love APC, but i don't. Dont' get me wrong Maynard's voice is amazing, but withouth Tool's drummer it just isn't as magical. Tool's music doesn't just sound good, it feels good.
    I've seen them live like 8 or 9 times over the years. Haven't seen in the past 3 or 4 though.
    Everytime is magical. They are so artistic and original. I would never compare them to any other band.
    YAY Tool!!! :)

13. kentuckyfunk

kentuckyfunk Member

Tool Is Quite Possibly The Best Band To See Live Nowadays. I Compare Their Show To A Sober Trip. I Can Honestly Say Its The Closest Thing I Have Had To A Religious Experience. Anyone Have These Same Thoughts??????

14. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Anyone know if Tool's supposed to go on tour anytime soon?

15. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

Tool and APC rock.

16. kentuckyfunk

kentuckyfunk Member

tool will begin working on their new project as soon as maynard comes back off of the road with apc. they have allready began to write some stuff without mjk. i say around the beginning of the year they will announce tour dates.

17. FNA

FNA Member

I saw them in TO. They had these two naked people string themselves upside-down from the top of the stage during parabol and then when parabola kicked in they started flipping around like fish on a line, it was fuckin sweet.

18. tuesdayafternoon

tuesdayafternoon Member

I love Tool and have seen them live in August of 2002. Although I dont listen to them much anymore, I will still play reflection alot before I go to bed. I like their outlook on alot of things, but some things I disagree with. The song opiate is one of them, I think some comments they make they need to keep to themselves. jmo

19. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

I've seen Tool twice, and both concerts were awe-inspiring. The crowd shifts between long periods of standing there in a trance as if receiving divine wisdom and love, and then there are the ass-kickin' beat down moments. It truly is a religious experience, in the best sense.

Tool is by far my favorite band, but I will air one gripe about their live shows. I'd like to see a bit more jamming. I know some concerts are more experimental than others (like the stuff recorded on Salival), but when I saw them they were all business. They played the songs almost exactly like they are on the albums. It'd be cool if they changed it up and did things differently. And I know that's not the Tool way, but still...

When I saw APC they were defintely more free-flowing and jammed out more. I guess Tool's jamming is already in there to begin with, hence the 10 minute songs.

20. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

I love Tool and APC. Great stuff man.