took off all my meds

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by crackforkids, Jan 25, 2005.

1. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

i was on 200mg zoloft: 750mg depakote: 6mg clonazapam: 40mg adderall: & 1.5mg risperdol...... well my bitch ass parents told my doc i was on "other drugs" after they found me OD'ing in my room and the doc took them ALL away from me! FUCK HIM! AGH
    well im crashing hard now, it sucks, now i have severe mood swings and deep manic depression. im not sure how long i can go on like this.... is there anything i can do to help myself, my teacher wants to involve the school psychologist (i went from an A student to failing with an attitude) but i would hate to do that, shes a dumb bitch and would only make things worse.
    one friend of mine said i could go to christ hospital or somewhere and jus tell them what happened, and they'd have to give me some zoloft to at least ween off what i was perscribed.

2. DR. REEFER

DR. REEFER Member

being on all those pills and taking other drugs non prescribed could lead to serious problems. you just said your parents watched you ODing, frankly they would of been dumb to let you stay on pills after watching that. put yourself in there situation dude, you walk in on your kid ODing when your older i think youd do the same.

3. velvet

velvet Banned

I don't agree.

Well.. I understand the parents for freaking out (and if you'd told me.... I would've freaked as well.. ).. but what I don't get is that a psychiatrist doesn't let you ease into a non-drug therapy. I mean.. that's what I REALLY hate about the states, no offense.. if there is anything slightly not-normal you're put on drugs.. over here they always tried to emphasize how important a regular schedual and a peacefull environment is.. and drugs are merely used to accompany other treatments (like behavioural therapy or whatever).. so ARGH.

Anyways.. if you are really start crashing hard etc.. I think going to an ER isn't such a bad idea.. especially if you explain that they took everything away at once and you want to make the transistion more easy by slowly reducing the amounts or anything. And like I said before.. try getting another shrink.. really.. this guy sucks.

Ahhwww.. this is way frustrating *sigh*.. really wish there was more I could do for you.. :(

*hug*

4. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

dude im a manic depressive to and i used to take up to 12 and half pills a day.
    if youre doctor is that unreliable , then maybe you should stick to these drugs for self medication: marijuana shrooms

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

It's really dangerous to go off of anticonvulsants cold turkey, and your doctor should KNOW this. I would go to the ER. You could seize, and if you did, you could have a legit case against the doctor who not only PUT you on all the meds, but took you off of them, with no weaning.

This is dangerous. I would see an other doctor.

6. crackforkids

i was always carefull to make sure drugs im taking do not interact or interfere with my perscription medicines. i was OD'ing a long time ago. i used to use heroin and a junkie gave me a full blown junkie shot when i really only wanted like half a tenth and he gave me like.25 or some shit and jus had trouble walking and i fell down a lot, lapses of conciousness, but i wasnt throwin up on myself or any of the more serious OD signs.
    but yeah. i could understand rehab or something, i coulda seen anything else but jus taking me off all my meds and kicking me out of my house. Yes, i do self medicate with marijuana, and as soon as i get my first paycheck i need to eat like a quarter of shrooms, maybe that'll calm me down. hehe. VELVET- you rock!

7. KissYourKiller

KissYourKiller Member

Oh yeah, marijuana and shrooms do wonders for manic depressives. You stupid fuck.

What you need, even if you self medicate, is something that will stabilize your mood. Pimp works wonders. You already know that though. And that's an expensive habit. I dont know, try buddhism? Lol you're fucked. But so am I, and so are a lot of other people. Look at it this way. At least you arent a serf in medival times.

8. crackforkids

haha! yea. man the pimp works while your ON IT, but having the habit makes me even more depressed. i dont have any problems shrooming, they kinda help me forget who i am and why i should be depressed, i jus hallucinate and smile, and discuss carl marks, arab nations, and pluto/aristotle ect. good times.

9. velvet

velvet Banned

Don't forget who you are.. 'cause I like you ;)

10. crackforkids