Too Pretty To Be Gay...

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by mystik_lilac, Mar 26, 2009.

1. dreamsDOcomeTRUE

dreamsDOcomeTRUE KYTLIVE

2. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

You do realise that attitude is just as condescending and patronising to pretty women who are lesbians, as men saying they are too pretty to be lesbians? Saying that pretty women "go lesbian" just because they aren't/haven't been treated right by men is an attitude that a lot of ignorant men hold about lesbians. Far worse that a woman and a lesbian for that matter, would say such a thing...

3. xDareToDream

xDareToDream Guest

I've gotten that too, it reminds me of the "You don't look gay" that I get from guys. I usually ignore it though, most of them just don't understand and are ignorant. I'm just happy they didn't ask how lesbians have sex or how men are better at it, because I've gotten that as well.

4. Wow! That's crazy. I got the same thing actually from a girl who I liked, she told me I wasn't gay looking enough, lol!

5. numberphile

numberphile Member

Funny. I feel sorry for those guys.

6. nectar

nectar Member

Feel sorry for those guys because they are ignorant, or feel sorry for them because they have been rejected by the girl of their dreams?

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

its just the butch stereotype, an ex of mine used to insist that every lesbian couple had to have one butch girl and one lipstick girl.

dont hate people like that too much, if they dont know a wide variety of people first hand how can their opinions go by anything other than what they have heard or seen on tv/movies and stereotypes?

8. Beca012

Beca012 Member

The "Oh you really don't look like one with those heels on" is something I've heard before. Haha! Like I should rock the flannel next time around.

9. MancLez23

MancLez23 Member

I've never been told I'm too pretty to be gay cos I'm not pretty, but when I came out to my friends and work mates, they were suprised and turn round and said I don't look gay, so most people think I'm straight, its funny to wind men up

10. Gaypride13

Gaypride13 Guest

I have never gotten your too pretty yo be gay. Maybe its because I am masculine, and when I came out. Most of my friends said they knew. I find it funny when I am in the washroom and little old ladies look at the sign. Then look at me and do this a couple of times before they enter. I swear when this happened to me, I thought she was going to get security to ask why is there a man in the woman's bathroom. I also get Sir a lot because I hold the door for people, and that doesn't bother me either. Its funny if I talk to them and then they realize I am a woman.

11. sushibey

sushibey Guest

lol...get used to it,humans are hilarious

12. Scythe

Scythe Member

My partner gets that from people as well gaypride, I have to admit it really infuriates me!

13. Melesbia

Melesbia Member

I am a femme lesbian who is always assumed to be straight until seen with my wife. When we lived in SW Florida it was funny that guys would look at me like a meal until my butch partner would turn the corner and then the looks would change to shock and sometimes disgust. We had matching bands we wore on our left middle fingers until we got legally married this August. At my job in FL I still had patients ask me how long I'd been married and what my husband did, etc. They didn't even look at the finger close enough. At least I could understand since they were psychiatric patients. My coworkers were really suprised when I came out. They were the ones who said I was too pretty to be a lesbian and used the less attractive lesbian psych patients as an example.