Too early for Governor DeSantis to reopen Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by beckelliot, May 3, 2020.

1. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

Thanks Governor DeSantis. You've just doomed Floridians you stupid fuck. Watch what happens mothetfucker. The Coronavirus is gonna resurge. Now what are you going to say? Why do people keep voting dumb fucks back into office?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But Florida has stopped reporting new cases and deaths... So "Nothing to see here folks" is what he will be saying.

You know... flatten the curve by not making a chart... Something like that.

soulcompromise likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

4. beckelliot

beckelliot Members

Yeah. You're not wrong. They did quit reporting which to me is a stupid fucking decision. No report so no fucking problem. It ain't gonna go away. Stupid fucks are just going to crowd the beaches. Fuck social distance bro. I hope these stupid motherfuckers get eaten by a bull shark. Lol

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Hope that wouldn't make the shark sick...

6. jameson9

jameson9 Senior Member

reasons why im not fond of desantis:
    this right here

7. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Florida resident here, and his focus should be on getting unemployment to those who are unemployed. Millions have not received their unemployment or have been denied, and they need to reapply. (due to the state's website glitches)

I didn't know Florida stopped reporting the coronavirus numbers, though. Well, when the hospitals are overrun with dying patients, those ''numbers'' will be tough to hide. Hey, but he feels wrestling is an essential business. :tearsofjoy:

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

because those are the only options presented.

9. DexBFL

DexBFL Members

I do think it was too early to reopen but what is done is done. No going back now. I think what is going to happen is people desperate for sunshine and fresh air are going to crowd the beaches, restaurants, and so forth causing DeSantos to reconsider his choices. Nobody wants to be stuck inside on a bright warm day obviously. I get that folks are getting stir crazy and cabin fever but waving automatic weapons and threatening officials are not the right or smart way to go about expressing their displeasure at what the see as unfair practices.

10. wrat

wrat Member

MOST of Florida will be just fine BUT S.E Florida is kinda fucked but whatever

11. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just one week after relaxing restrictions, Florida has been forced to re-impose them again following yet another 'spike' in Covid -19 cases.

Florida bars and restaurants close just a week after reopening
    Businesses on Jacksonville Beach shutdown as state’s second coronavirus wave hits

Three months after the Covid-19 pandemic forced bars and restaurants to close in Florida, some businesses have shut within one week of reopening as coronavirus cases spike in the state.

At least six bars in northern and central Florida have now announced their closures amid new Covid-19 cases, which peaked on Sunday.

The state’s health department has since confirmed two consecutive days with more than 2,000 new cases, breaking records set when the pandemic began in March.

That announcement came almost one week on from Florida’s second reopening phase permitting bars, cinemas and tattoo shops to welcome customers with some restrictions, as mandated under governor Ron DeSantis’ reopening plan.

Still, increased Covid-19 transmission in Florida has forced some businesses to shut down.

One bar on Jacksonville Beach said on Sunday that it needed to close because customers had been who were Covid-19 positive.

“Our establishment has become aware of positive tests for COVID-19 and have visited our business,” wrote Wreck Tiki Lounge owner Fernando Meza on Facebook, local reports said. “We will be closed the next few days to sanitize the bar and send our staff to get tested.”

Another business in the area, Lynch’s Irish Pub, also announced its closure this weekend after 15 people contracted Covid-19 there.

A woman among those infected told Action News Jax on Monday that all 15, who were friends, had tested positive following a 6 June gathering at the pub.

Lynch’s Irish Pub also told the local news outlet that among 49 employees, seven had tested positive for Covid-19 since the bar reopened on June 5. It is now closed to sanitise the premises.

Action News Jax reported at least six Jacksonville Beach businesses to be closed on Monday, including Tavern, The Wreck, Lynch’s Irish Pub, The Wine Bar, Mellow Mushroom and Graffiti Burger.

Another bar, in Florida’s Altamonte Springs, also said on Friday that it needed to close due to Covid-19 cases.

On Facebook, said Newsweek, the Kiwi’s Pub & Grill wrote: “It saddens me to say that Kiwi’s will be closing temporarily effective immediately. We have been informed by 6 different people today that they have been infected with the coronavirus and they have been inside Kiwis’s within the last week”

The bar added: “This may seem like an extravagant step, however we are taking no chances with the health of our staff and our customers”.

Florida has now seen almost 76,000 Covid-19 infections since March, which include Saturday’s highest daily increase, at 2,587 new cases.

Governor deSantis denounced new coronavirus concerns on Sunday, as Donald Trump plans on staging this summer’s Republican convention in the state.

“I think it’s important for people to understand who is being tested now compared to who was being tested in March and early April when we had kind of our peaks then,” said deSantis.

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

For the coronavirus the RNC in august will be like shooting fish in a bucket

13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Opinions are divided all over the world, simply because people do not understand the connection between viral infections and how they lead to pulmonary bacterial attack that then leads to septicemia and death.
    Their are so many variables, from previous over use of antibiotics, to the bacterial infection being the straw that breaks the Camels back. Recent vaccinations also shut the immune system down for 21 days, leaving people wide open to viral attack.
    Here in the UK, more than 700 people die every day when conditions such as cancer, diabetes and other long term illnesses follow this path and it is accepted that a virus is normally the ultimate cause of their INEVITABLE death. Therefore these deaths are seasonal, sometimes peaking 50% above the average at some periods, while falling drastically at others. Most people will have survived several viruses before they reach their final days. HOWEVER, this is entirely due to modern medicines, CORRECTLY qualified doctors and ICU ventilator units. This is one of the reasons that we are all living much longer than we did 50 years ago.

Corona 19 is a particularly nasty virus, so it will put more people into the respiratory infection stage. THEREFORE IT IS VITAL THAT WE DO NOT OVERWHELM THE DOCTORS AND EQUIPMENT THAT WILL SAVE 90% OF PEOPLE AT THIS STAGE.

In order to produce heard immunity (the ultimate demise of most viruses) we need to socialize. BUT WE ARE DEPENDENT ON OUR GOVERNMENTS TO GUIDE US.

From your post, it sounds to me as if the governor of Florida either lacks understanding of the situation, has not taken advice from the CORRECT doctors, or perhaps he is a complete fool.

PS, We will not know the number of ADDITIONAL deaths from corona 19 for a few years when the TOTAL death figures for 2020 are compared to previous years.
    I personally expect a death rate rise of around 3%, followed by a dip the following year.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If it's not going to go away....then what are you waiting for? Everyone is going to get it anyway

Less old people will help with housing affordability and is good for the environment

15. Tyrsonswood

Fixed that for ya...