Too busy?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by DancerAnnie, Jan 10, 2005.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

So I've been seeing this certain someone on and off for about seven months...the last two months have been serious. Everything is great, except I think I'm becoming too dependent on him. I've never really had any close friends and I commute to college so I don't really get to hang out with people from school. Not to mention the fact that I work during the week. I drive an hour to see him on the weekends and he drives an hour to see me one night a week. It works out really well actually. My concern, however, is that if we break up I have nothing to fall back on. We get on really well and I LOVE spending time with him, but because my schedule is so busy (school, work, homework, spending time with him) I don't have time to go out and meet friends to have a support system in case something like that does happen. I would be silly to think "OH we're in love and we're going to be together forever..." LOL I know things don't always work out that way...so I just sort of want to prepare myself....

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation?

2. _see_

_see_ Member

yeasm!!! love has that unfair way of bein an unpredictable bitch....but it the bad stuff outweighs the gd stuff all the damned time!!! thats what love is all about....at least u have a level headed way of thinkin...'things dont always work out that way' which is true heck they might even work out 4 the better!....u seem really loved up so i guess just go with the flow and not worry about unescassary things at the mo...just b happy with what uve got cos if u let things like that niggle at the back of ur mind it might affect the relationship....its like life...we all kno its gonna end sumtime and we can NEVER b prepared 4 it cos its so unpredictable...and if sumthin (God 4bid) does go wrong its neva the end of the world...i dnt believe in tht '1 person 4 everybody' thing bcos ANY1 who is special 2 u can make u feel amazin......keep smilin n b happy ya got sum1 2 love and most important GO WITH THE FLOW gd luck!!!
    xxx

3. _see_

_see_ Member

woah made mistake there its the GD STUFF THT OUTWEIGHS THE BAD STUFF MAN duuuh

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

well, if you DO break up that will free up some time to meet other people. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders so I wouldn't worry about going on a downward spiral if you two break up. I mean, look at all you do for yourself now! Why worry about having other people there for you to have a soft place to fall? You sound more than strong enough to do it yourself. Where do you work? Maybe you should get friendly with some coworkers and if somethings happens, go out with them some night and have fun! You're 21 (older than me) and I think that you would think about the fact that you're an adult and can provide everything you could ever desire yourself. Everyone needs friends- so go out and get some! I just wouldn't get so serious and let yourself get dependent on him to be happy. You have WAY too much going for you right now to have some dude mess that up.

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

In my years of working, I've realized, friendship and coworkers generally do not mix. I work at a dance studio and there are only a couple of teachers that are of age, and none that I would consider friendship material. I'm not saying that I would go on a downward spiral... I have virtually no friends...my best friend that I have had for about five years moved to Texas and haven't heard from him since.

I guess I'm just saying...is a life without friends an empty life? Because in all reality...that's what I'm living.