Tom MacDonald

Discussion in 'People' started by 6-eyed shaman, Feb 24, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Music genres of all kinds have some really good and horrible varieties of songs. When it comes to rap and hip-hop, I personally find that this music has the highest concentration of horrible artists and songs of any music genre. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of rap music. I just find that most of the rap we hear in the mainstream is garbage. Much of the time it's songs about clubbing, partying, getting laid, materialism, consumerism, and committing crimes.

So it's always nice to hear a good rap song that defies all the common stuff we are accustomed to hearing.

I recently discovered Tom MacDonald and I really like the message in a lot of his tracks.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Here's another track from a different artist, Hopsin. He lays down the tough love on all the entitlement-minded slackers we know in our lives.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm not sure this guy wants you to think he is a serious rapper. I just like him since he's done some voice work for Adult Swim.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I never enjoyed hip hop better than in the typical gangsta rap variety (in which im still very selective). Before the quarter of understanding fell in the automat that's my brain I never felt compelled by any form of hip hop. Now I'm mostly listening to the instrumental subgenre and 90s gangsta stuff if I'm in a hip hop mood. I appreciate some other classics too (Brand Nubians for example), but overall I don't really care what's happening in this genre. I like it mean groovy and gangsta

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont like his hair. Should have just listened without watching, now I cant get past the hair

I've been getting into Killer Mike lately. Run The Jewels in particular

Run The Jewels - YouTube