Tolerance

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NeverMore889, May 18, 2004.

1. NeverMore889

NeverMore889 Member

If you stop smoking for a month of so does your tolerance go down?

will two people smoking for the first time experience different highs if they both get the same amount of weed?

are some poeopl just born more receptive to it? do we all have the same number of THC receptors?

does tolerance really build up after months of smoking? does this having something to do with it getting stored in your fat?

ive heard alot of clowns toot answers to these questions but i think they just guessing based on their own experiences, which is tricky since no one knows what anyone else experiences when someone else is high?

anywho would appreciate some facts for this or point me in the direction such as a website

2. bertrose

bertrose Member

Some say yes...I never stoped smoking for longer than a week...

EVERYONE is effected different to chemicals.

No, everyone is unique.

Tolerance DOES build up. "IT" doesn't get stored in ur fat, thats propaganda, what happens is for everyone who is curious, THC the chemical that gets u high, gets converted to two DIFFERENT molecules which has THC in the name, but it DOESN"T get u high, and yes, it registers as THC at drug tests and stuff, and propaganda CLAIMS that ur 'high' every second. FALSE

Your right, but we are EFFECTED differently, THC doesn't do different things to my body as it does in urs! We aren't different species our body make up it relatively the same, THC is a chemical not a Virus or bacteria, it doesn't know what its doing, but all humans systems have ABOUT The same effects to it.

peace

http://www.jackherer.com
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq1.shtml

3. imabuildingburning

imabuildingburning Member

Well, I think it varies from person to person of course, but in my experience your tolerance will drop if you stop chiefin' for a while. I had to quit for 6 months after being a daily smoker for 2.5 years. When I started up again, it was just like the first few times. That was like a month and a half ago and I'm already pretty tolerant again, which kinda sucks. I'm thinking of just smoking on the weekends from now on. Maybe that'll keep the experience fresh for me because it seems when I smoke everyday it gets boring and old.

My .02

4. bertrose

bertrose Member

I hear yah! I'm always waiting for the weekends so that i can toke up, i hate doing in on weekdays! Its like something u should work towards to, that way ur not abusing the drug...

peace

5. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

The search for knowledge through research is commendable, but discoveries through experiance is priceless.

To find information about a acid trip, I would rather talk to a User than a scientist. A scientist might know the answers to a permanent question (a question with one answer, example: 1+1=?, how many chromosomes do we have), but without the experience, he is not as knowledgable as the person with experience.

Yes, if you start smoking more, your tolerance will increase. If you start smoking less, your tolerance will decrease.

6. SyZyGy

SyZyGy Member

tolerance is evil. Its hard to stop smoking, espeically with constant access to weed. I really wish id get as high as when i started smoking

7. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

The ratio of cbd's /cbn's within the cannaboids has a direct effect on building a tolerance to less than optimal strains.

8. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

9. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I get uber-stoned off of such a small amount.
    Like a 0.3 will get me knocked on my ass.