toddler shoes

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by kitty fabulous, May 16, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i've never made sandals before, but i'm thinking of making a pair for my active toddler daughter. most of the time we go barefoot, but the playground blacktop gets so hot in the summer, and i don't want her little tootisies to burn. i want her to have something i can carry in my purse and quickly slip on her feet whenever there's hot pavement. most of the toddler sandals i see in stores are hard-soled, which is not the best thing for a little girl still learning to walk. she needs soft-soled shoes so her feet can flex naturally, but most of the soft-soled shoes i've seen in catalogs cover the whole foot and probably get hot in the summer. i'm thinking of making something out of leather, hemp, and maybe a bead or two. they need to be durable enough to survive her running around the playground for a month or two, but they probably won't need to last much longer than that because she's growing so fast. how do i go about making them?

2. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Sounds cool. Let me know when you figure out how to make them. I'd love to see a picture.

Kathi