Today I went driving...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by moonbeam7, May 8, 2004.

1. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

;) Today, I went driving for the first time on a main road with my dad and I almost gave him heart failure. :p What were your first driving experiences like?

2. kier

kier I R Baboon

though i'm not officialy driving, i have driven a couple of times...

once started car and forgot to take the handbreak off. realised, took it off, and whoom, the car moved :) faaaast:D

3. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Driving on the left side might cause that. ;) Hehhe, seriously, I never have driven a car in my life, i have to wait till i'm 18, and i think driving on the left side rocks!
    Driving on the left, I'm left handed, it's confusing to drive (bicycle, which i drive about every day) on right side, on left it would be way easier!!!;)

4. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

well i cant really rmeber, but i dont think ive done anything too crazy. i keep getting told im a good driver, which is good becuase i doubt i wouldnt have the confidence i have if i wasnt told tnat.

got me test on wednesday!!!

5. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

WHOO!! this has nothing to do with this thread... but.. ill see Lucy(my girlfriend) in about 1/2 an hour.. and well sleep in eachother's arms! oy.. how i long to kiss her again, i last saw her on Sunday..

6. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

i don't like driving, is there something wrong with me?

7. Graham

Graham Member

another 2 months till i can learn, but when i can you guys on the road better watch out ^_^

8. neoteny

neoteny Member

When I was fourteen I'd go out with my sister and then have to drive her home cause she'd be too drunk. That was never a big deal, though, cause it was late and not much traffic. The first time my dad took me out it was raining. First we drove down the main street in the city, the one with coincidentally the tiniest lanes you have ever seen. Then he made me go on the closest thing we have to the Autobahn, which was absolutely terrifying.

9. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

I just got my license last wednesday. My first driving expieriences were ok. I'm too catious of a driver though, I was so nervous when I'd just stated out. It as terrible.

10. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

my sister taught me to drive a stick because the car she has now is the car im getting in 4 months. stick shifts are fun but im not sure about automatic. i havent even driven an automatic yet. haha :)

11. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

oh ur lucky to even get him in the car.. my mom wont even drive with me thats why she paid 220 bucks for trhe one at school lol..its expensive because it gives you discount to ur insurance....

peace

12. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

my first driving experience(that my mom knows about hehehe) almost gave my mom heart failure too! even though im a good driver

13. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Yeah I just finished driver's ed a few weeks ago. It was fun. My driving test is Wednesday.

14. Velouria

Velouria Member

My first driving experience was in an empty parking lot and I still managed to freak my mom out.

15. SunFree

SunFree Member

I've been driving again for a couple weeks now since I took a long hiatus after failing my driver's test (it was a MEAN lady :mad: ) and then sprained my ankle. But while I hated it before, it TERRIFIED me, I kind of am enjoying it. Different car helps, the old one drove like a marshmellow.

The third time I ever drove, my dad, without warning, lead me on to the busiest, most confusing and most dangerous street in town. I still shudder with that memory.

16. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

my first time driving was out at a park in the large dirt parking lot. had fun, got to do donuts with my sister's van.....driving a manual is fun, but you get tired of driving around all day very easily. automatics are definately easier to drive and partake in other things....theyre much lazier cars.

17. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Thooough I cannot drive legally, I looove driving up at my cottage along the long and windy road. And you are just covered on all sides by mass amounts of trees.

18. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

nothing wrong with driving. can't beat 2 wheels... or a convertible. to see the stars at 100... the moon coming at ya... the sun all over.
    *leaves for road trip*

19. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

i am glad you aren't dead silly poo

20. HersheDog_BananaCat

HersheDog_BananaCat Member

Hi Everyone I am new here... Well my First time ever sitting in a car on the driver seat was when I was 14 and I crashed into the tree. I Thought I never wanted to drive again. No one ever took me out to drive. I started taking my moms van when I was 16 and staying out all night I think it was a good way to learn your by your self no one to get you nervous