tobacco...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by marquee, Jun 2, 2004.

1. marquee

marquee Member

today at lunch i was smoking my usual joint when my buddy offers me a cigarrette. i took one hit and it felt like a fucking bullet going down my throat! the smoke was so harsh it was rediculous. and not only that, but it tasted like shit. now, i smoke a joint just about everyday so its not like im not used to smoke.

anyway, i was just wondering what people see in tobacco. with weed, the smoke is nice, it tastes great and it gets you high. is there anything to get out of cigs? why exactly to so many people smoke them...

2. Tamee

Tamee naked

because it's just SO FUCKING COOL, man!

3. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

Most of the people I know that smoke tobacco smoke Black and Milds or Dip Chewing tobacco. The reason they said that they do is because of the "buzz" they get. I tryed Skoal before and it just made me feel like i had motion sickness. none the less i did not enjoy.

4. crashandburn

crashandburn Member

I started smoking cigs because I love fire and the way it burned was really cool to me. I was 9 what can you expect? I didn't start inhaling until 13 which made me lightheaded and I don't really know what happened after that but now I *need* that nicotine to calm me down or else I will start shaking really bad and eating a lot. I hate that word need but it's true. I just see it as an extension of myself not a constrictor or anything. This post sounds stupid sorry.

5. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i smoke cigs because they relax me, and they r cheap and u can be around people wen u smoke/ after u smoke u dont get an altered state of mind but still feel relaxed

6. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I've smoked a couple of cigarettes before and it just made me feel important. Kinda a growing up thing.

7. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

maybe you hit the cigarette like your usual joint. you don't really hit cigarettes. don't hold the smoke in your lungs either. cigarette smoke is alot harsher than weed smoke. with cigarettes, just inhale then exhale.
    i happen to like cigarettes because they give me a little buzz when i smoke my first one of the day. i think it's just a habit though. like i just have to have something in my hand.

8. marquee

marquee Member

beatlerific, youre damn hot in that picture... yeah.

9. Tuk_Tuk

Tuk_Tuk Member

As a smoker, I can vouch for your reaction, if Ive smoked weed for a while and have I cigerette I feel like shit, I dont know what causes it though. Smoking cigerettes when not high isn't the same for me though... I started a few years ago when I was fighting depression, plus I have really bad nerves and the cigerette calms me down some, thats the only answer I can give for why I smoke...

Catch You On The Dark Side Of The Moon....

Peace,
    Jon

10. aesther

aesther Member

I would say don't smoke tobacco, maybe sometimes but I wouldn't want to make a habit out of it. I started smoking cigs in the summer and then realized that the health risks were worse with cigs (I walked up a flight of stairs and already I was panting, and I was a very active kid...I'm only in HS(played sports, etc)) I had been smoking weed for a while before that, so it wasn't the weed. After summer when I stopped I felt like my lungs had been cleansed after a month or so because I was able to hold more air and get back to my old fitness level. Not only are the health risks worse than cannabis, but the actual effects are downright nothing compared to it marijuana :)

11. cauan

cauan Member

I like to smoke a cig while I'm having a beer with friends, mainly 'cause I can smoke it without sharing if I want to...what usually doesn't happen hehe...
    I do like cigs cuz they relax me a little, but I don't actually smoke everytime I drink, only once in a while and only very good cigs, nothing like malboro or all those industrial shit.
    I'd rather be smoking cannabis always.

12. AlteredOrgan

AlteredOrgan Member

Marlboro Reds man, Marlboro Reds.

13. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

the first thing i ever smoked was a black and mild. those are so good. mmm. i started smokin cigs soon after i started smokin weed. i would just take a drag or two when my friends were smoking cigs. then id just take a lot of drags off their cig so theyd give me my own because it was just easier. so then id have my own cig every time. then id have another. then id smoke whenever anyone had cigs. i bought my first pack today and smoked about 8 of them today.. i was with people all night tho.. its a bad habit i think ill chuck the pack or give it to someone who wants it. nicotine is bad and i must fight it.

14. Master Shake

Master Shake Member

I started smoking as a social thing, as well. Plus, my whole family are smokers, so I kinda grew up in that situation. I finally quit, and I do feel a lot better. WEED on the other hand has never hurt my lungs...I've never woke up with a tight chest from it, and it doesn't give me headaches like cigs used to. Overall, I'm happy to be free of the nicotine demon.

To those of you who are considering starting, please keep in mind that it's not all that it's cracked up to be and quitting is the hardest thing EVER.

15. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

I hate it and have stopped smoking it about two years ago.It is the Devil.
    All you are doing when you buy them is buying into a huge corporate machine that lobbies against Mary Jane. Fuck that monkey. I had it on my back only 4 years but it was damn hard to quit. I say Fuck it.
    Down with Tabacco and all it's ill effects. Now when I am around it I get a headache plus it is very addictive and I do not want to start smoking it again ever!

16. BigBong

BigBong Member

In my opinion.. Dont smoke cigs.. Save the cash to buy some green =D Basically every smoker I know.. Just want to quit the habit!! So why start?!?!?! It just increases a few health risks and flushes your $$$ down the toilet! Save the cash and save the money =D