Tobacco?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by pillhead2, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ItsAndrewBet

ItsAndrewBet Member

I have never tried a cigarette or tobacco because all my grandparents died someway related to it... also I have a very addictive personality and I know I would be addicted

2. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

next time you are watching the history channel try to catch one of their shows on tobacco production,if you still want to smoke those nasty things
    go right ahead,but i have actually driven into one of the points where the tobacco is actually processed. I use to worry about what marijuana might have been sprayed with but after seeing RJR's processing plant i am so glad i never smoked cigs he he he

3. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I smoke america spirits wheneva I please. They sure don't make me feel healthy, but I am so awesome that I neva eva get addicted.

4. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

back in the middle and late 90s i spent quite a lot of time around Winston-Salem. I was out one morning looking at the city and eating at a local restaraunt. After breakfast i wanted to go to the original krispy-kreme and things like that. so i ended up somehow going in the trainyard of one of the local cigarete factories. It was quite an eye opener,the place was filthy!
    and i use to worry about what was in my weed?? lol to be honest it was just plain nasty! If you want to smoke tobacco go right ahead but pls try and catch an episode of modern marvels on History,it that wont help you to stop
    well smoke on bro!and yes both of my parents smoked cigs as i was growing
    up but at that time around 48% of the people did

5. longhaircountryboy

longhaircountryboy Banned

I'm sure the factories are nasty,but what factory isnt?I don't care if it's makin cigs,food,clothes,whatever.but hell,I've known people with lung cancer & emphysema that never smoked in their life,& know others in their 90's & still smokin,so I don't even beleive the whole health issue.personally,I think you're pre-destined to get the shit.not to mention,I'd hate to be the first person to die of good health lol.Look at that dude that started the jogging craze,did all the books & videos,then had a heart attack while jogging.I bet the dude that found him was walking to the store to get a pack of cigs lol.

6. I smoke hand rolling tobacco. Not a lot but when I go for a beer I smoke an incredible ammount.

7. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

How could a railroad yard not be filthy? I hate cigarettes, but I'm not sure how the yard is relevant.

All those downtown factories are abandoned now, and some have been torn down. This is all that's left of the railyard:

[​IMG]

8. pillhead2

pillhead2 Member

I recently tried to quit, I had the desire the will and Nicotine Patches, Nicotine Gum and after 10 days the hell I felt and the desire to scratch someones eyes out , the hatefulness that resulted in my attempt to quit outweighs my smoking so I have been smoking again on a regular basis......Sometimes for me change is impossible and to quit smoking no matter how bad I wanted to quit, it just did not happen, something will kill me someday and probably not cigarettes....I have enough disorders and chronic diseases to already kill me so I may as well die happy...

9. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

i have only smoked 1 cig in my lifetime,hell that chit will kill you!

10. longhaircountryboy

longhaircountryboy Banned

kill you?I've been smokin & chewin since I was 11 & I aint dead yet lol

11. Dominus

Dominus Member

I'm a smoker, have been smoking for a little over a year now, though I'm not a rabid smoker that smokes two packs a day or shit like that. Whenever I do buy packs of cigarettes, I tend to make them last a couple days, as I don't see myself becoming one of those people that buys a shitload of cigarettes weekly.

12. sahsami38

sahsami38 Member

I'm a smoker I smoke usually 3 swisher sweet cigars a day

13. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

with all the information that is out now about smoking im surprised anyone would smoke cigerettes.

14. Dominus

Dominus Member

Anyone who generally thinks smoking is bad shouldn't be in the stoner's lounge in the first place. ;)

And I'm pacing myself....learning how to go without cigarettes & not freak out.

15. Hardrockerdave94

Hardrockerdave94 Member

I'm not a daily smoker, but I usually go through about 5 - 15 a week, I normally go out at the weekends and smoke them then. I would smoke more often, but it's too expensive for a 16 year old without a job yet, it's like £6.50 for 20 Benson and Hedges Gold :mad: I don't usually smoke at home, but I think I'm gonna have one with a cup of tea in the garden in a sec :)

16. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

tobacco and mj are not the same substance

with all the information out about mj im surprised everyone isnt smoking mj :)

17. Hardrockerdave94

Hardrockerdave94 Member

Also (forgot to mention) sometimes I really don't want to smoke, like atm I haven't had a cig for a week, but had one tonight and really didn't like it, idk, sometimes I really like them though, it depends

18. laedi

laedi Member

I'm a smoker and I roll my own.

19. Dominus

Dominus Member

As an avid user of both marijuana & tobacco, I'm very much aware of that, but I was referring to the people who think smoking in general is a bad idea, when it's a proven fact that marijuana does less damage to you than both tobacco & alcohol.

20. Cool Side of the Pillow

Cool Side of the Pillow Member

As I said earlier, I'm usually just a cigar smoker, but I found a couple of packs of cigs in some of my late wife's stuff. I decided to "sacrifice" them, one by one, in her memory.

Cheap cigarettes that are a year and a half old don't taste all that good.

So I figured that while I was in "Cigarette Relapse," I might as well smoke something that I enjoyed. I bought a pack of Drum rolling tobacco, and a pack of Club papers (my old favorite from my pot-smoking days).

Drum (or Bali Shag, or a few other "gourmet" tobaccos) are far better quality than anything you can buy in a pack of cigs. For that matter, even Bugler is better than most.

But the Club papers were a disappointment. Back in the day, they were un-gummed, and so thin that when you burned them, they didn't leave any ashes. I'm usually not in the market for rolling papers these days, but for those who never smoked anything in an old-school club, you're missing out.

Fuck you, Club!