Tobacco about as addicting as marijuana?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Stan, May 11, 2004.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

no ldksjfadl;fj

2. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

Not if your body deosn't take to the nicotine. If you were addicted to smoking, you would know it.

3. blazednconfused

blazednconfused Member

i used to just smoke on the weekends with friends socially or whatever and i would think by monday i would be addicted but it never happened... im pretty sure that you have to smoke regularly for a good like month or so to become addicted. at least thats what happened to me.

4. Godot

Godot Member

yea thats totally true. that health class "one or two cigarettes will get you addicted" stuff is bullshit (don't get me wrong cigs are still fucking evil).
    I smoked several a day for months before i really "needed" one. I honestly think it takes hundreds of cigarettes to get an actual physical dependence.

5. RandomDrunkGuy

RandomDrunkGuy Member

Still don't get why people smoke cigarettes, especially if they are stoners too.

I haven't found a good use for them besides being an instant cure of the booze woozies.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i think on or two cigarettes could certainly get someon addicted. but i have weed as my stress relief lol, and i smoke cigarettes either when im with friends or mixing with my weed. i practically never smoke it by myself though. i am way more addicted to weed. if ive got no weed, its my highest priority to get more. but i smoke weed all the time and it wasnt after i smoked for a while that i got addicted. nicotine? i think its a really lame thing and wouldnt want to get addicted to it and i always think that whenever i smoke it so i think that helps. but i could imagine if i was clean and i smoked a few ciggs.. id smoke em alllll the time like people i know. i jsut think weed is like a million times better, though the headrush i still get from nicotine is fun

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

oh but ive chain smoked a paclk with a friend before and afterwards i felt like absoilute shite. thats the limiting factor. same with alchohol. ive got no limiting factor with wed except that i cant be too stoned at school or around family and stuff.

8. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

i think addiction levels are a personal thing. its hard to mesure. some people have more addictive personalitys then others. its happens in races too. some races are geniticaly more prone to having addictions ie Native Amaricans. its just a genetics thing.Most people can get over there phyiscal additcions easy. its way harder to give up ur social and meantal addictions to things. it just depends how strong minded u are

9. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

cigarettes are proven to be 5x more addicting than herion. Are the withdrawl symptoms worse? No, obviously is you've ever seen a herion addict without any, but the want, the craving stays in your body for years.

Pot is not physically addicting. I have smoked for years consecutively and I'm not addicted to pot. I can skip bowls or (if I had to) days and weeks and feel just fine. prolly just a bit bored!!

but some people think they need pot and other substances. But pot is way way WAY less harmful than tobacco.

10. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

Nicotine is SO much more addictive than pot.

I used to smoke when I drank, which became a lot, so i started smoking a lot. Then I started smoking at other times. I was smoking upwards of 12 cigs a day at peak. And I just recently quit (i havent had a cig in a week, which is an astonishing fact) cold turkey. Its hard doing things like drinking or getthing high, because after i smoke a bong i feel like its a normal thing to smoke a cig. and so now when i dont have a cig its a weird feeling. I'm about to buy some nicotine free cigarettes.

11. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

oh and if you're inhaling cigars, you're doing something wrong

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

if your not inhaling a cigar your savig your lungs while wasting your time and money and all so that you can look cool and smell bad :D