To the right wingers still voting for the Republican Party – why?

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by Balbus, Jan 7, 2021.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Because if they fully accepted the fact that they aren't actually hyper-patriots after all, but merely 'useful idiots' of the Russkies, the resultant cognitive dissonance might result in catastrophic cranial vault depressurization.
    Russia has been cultivating Trump as an asset for 40 years, former KGB spy says

scratcho and Balbus like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But... Wouldn't this be a good thing?

scratcho likes this.
  4. erofant

erofant Members

The one GOOD piece of news lately is the growing numbers of former GOP people who have left - and are leaving - the REPUBLICAN PARTY. One life-long gent said publicly that there's only ONE party that believes in the Constitution and democracy in the U.S. - and that is the DEMOCRATIC PARTY. (his words) So he switched parties and is now a Democrat.

OOPS ........... one other piece of G-R-E-A-T news ............. muck-mouth, lying, Moscow Mitch McConnell's popularity is tanking. - - - - - - - There IS a GOD!!!!! Thank-you Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scratcho likes this.
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

To all the people out there who still believe the election was rigged and stolen from Trump, tell me this. How many people would need to be involved in such a conspiracy? Thousands? Millions? I don't know, but it would certainly take a whole lotta people working together in secret. Keep in mind, the more people involved the more likely it is to be uncovered. But it wasn't because it never happened.

I'll tell you how many people were involved in the plot to remove Donald Trump from office: 81 million.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    erofant likes this.
  6. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I try to avoid voting for either major party when I can. It's more difficult in local elections, but I try to take people as individuals.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I'm not a big fan of the Democratic Party, but they haven't put infants in cages, held Nuremberg Rally reenactments (complete with "Blut und Boden" chants), said that Nazis are "very fine people", tried to disenfranchise millions of Americans, or committed treason and an attempted coup d'état (et al.).
    Yeah, I take people as individuals, too, but if you introduce yourself as a Republican candidate, you've just told me all I need to know about you.

Balbus and scratcho like this.
  8. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

Let's see
    "but they haven't put infants in cages,' Sure they do the media just downplays or makes excuses for it,
    Look they call them "temporary shelters" but they are the same cages.
    Biden’s controversial decision to reopen temporary shelters for migrant children, explained
    "Nazis are "very fine people","maybe not but they did make excuses for riots last year.
    This doesn't count as inssurection?
    BLM protests: Wisconsin state senator attacked after taking photo of demonstrators, reports say
    We should stop what about-ism and condemn all sides when they do something stupid.
    Both sides need to ditch whataboutism and condemn bad actors | COMMENTARY

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I believe that whomever riots and tears things up should be jailed, right, left or whatever. We as citizens have a constitutionally protected right to protest government actions, but not to tear peoples / businesses possessions up.

snowtiggernd and Scarecrow13 like this.
  10. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

That we can agree on.

scratcho likes this.
  11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

12. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I can believe most of the BLM protesters were peaceful, so were those who showed p to the capital on Jan. 6, some even unaware of what was going on inside the capital. But hey, you have self described yourself as the village idiot on your profile.