To The Members of "Christian Hippies"

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Lilyrayne, May 9, 2004.

1. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

So now "Xtian" is supposed to be disrespectful in some way? It's called an ABBREVIATION, people!

Do you get similarly bent when "Christmas" is shortened to "Xmas", or when "Transmitter" is reduced to "Xmtr"? There is no disrespect intended, just a saving of keystrokes....

How many people on here use expressions like "LOL", "CUL", or "BRB"?

2. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

accually yes I do its a way to take Christ out of Christmas which was the whole reason for the holliday to begin with not for buying presents for your family and friends. But that is getting off topic.

3. EllisDTripp

Well, since most scholars agree that Christ wasn't actually born on 12/25, the REAL reason for the holiday would have been to co-opt the Winter Solstice celebrations that people had been observing for millenia. Replacing the "Rebirth of the Sun" with the "Birth of the Son", ya know? But that's getting WAY off topic....:)

4. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

To my buddies (you know who you are):

I know you may be getting annoyed with the usual banter going on in here, but just remember this is a public forum and people can say whatever they want. Just shrug it off for now and hang in there, don't let it get you riled up. Hopefully the personal forums will be back up soon and we can go there and post freely.

Love to all,

5. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

To a moderator: If you have the time, could this entire discussion be moved to the "Christianity" section??? I'd appreciate it so much. If not that's ok. I don't wanna mess up any posts or anything. I just remember being able to move entire discussions around without messing them up when I was the moderator for a forum similiar to this one.

Thanks!

6. EllisDTripp

Done........

7. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Thanks!!!!! :D

8. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

can we stop arguing and keep to the teachings of Jesus and Jesus' himself own appointed successor, James the Just

9. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

that was Paul who wanted to similarize Christianity to the Cult of Mithra to make it more tasty to swallow...he did alot of other things too that changed the nature of Christ's teachings

10. Juiceman3000

Juiceman3000 Banned

Chief,

You might consider posting your flame-baits in topics where they wont seem so desperate for attention?

Thanks,

Juiceman

11. Fizzyliftingdrink

Fizzyliftingdrink Member

Hello to my Christian Hippies! And everyone else who is reading this!
    I'm still getting used to the new forums, and I wish that the new threads started at the first page, instead of the last, does anyone know how I can fix it??
    I hope that my friends from Christian Hippies all come back here so we can share God's wonderful works!!
    Peace!!

12. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Yeah! Go to User CP. Click on Edit Options. Scroll down the page to "Thread Display Options" (Sorta in the middle of the page, you'll see the heading in a dark blue line)... then to thread display mode under that. You can select in the dropdown box "Linear - newest first".

Love to you too!

13. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

hi everyone,

I'm looking forward to our personal forums again, but for now I'll just post here once in awhile.
    i love you all, the peace of Christ~
    seahorse

14. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

*hugs*

*Sits down on the cyber-couch and cries*

I want the forum baaacckkkk! :( WHAAAAAA!!!!!

*sniffle*

15. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Passes Bree a large tissue and says hopefully "It'll get better soon Honey."

Seahorse - You will keep us posted about your little lad who had the hospital test (think he was a Josh?) been keeping you in my prayers.

love to you all
    Moominmamma

16. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Moomin, I talked to her recently and she told me they won't know the results for a week or so. Isn't that frustrating? Poor kid. Poor Seahorse. (hugs)

17. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

awww you guys are so kind.

Joshua did awesome, he was brave and didn't cry, even in the recovery room he didn't cry. He wanted jello, though, and lots of it. :0)
    so yah the doctor took out the 2 largest lumps for testing, and we will hear those results probably by monday.
    thanks for your prayers dudes,
    GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
    ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD

18. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Thanks so much for letting me know.

Joshua sounds like a very strong character, and my mother has always maintained there is a lot of goodness in that jello stuff!

Hugs to you all

Moominmamma

19. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

yikes! i had an abcessed tooth pulled today. I hadn't been to the dentist in 6 years, and yesterday I woke up with a killer toothache, the hospital gave me pain killers that didn't even work, so after another day full of tylenol i waltzed into the dentist office downtown and asked for help. They immediately made me an appointment for a few hours later and after the x-ray showing it was completely abcessed, he went with my decision to yank it.

i am very relieved that it's over but now I have a silly space in my mouth. Do you guys think the space will grow in a bit?
    anyways that was my adventure today. *yawn* beddi-bye......

20. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

bree- maybe as a temporary solution, we could link back to the old christian hippie forum, until new personal forums are worked out.

chief- so then is satan mentioned in the old testament or isnt he? why were you trying to lie to me and say he wasnt? is that where the knowledge of gnosis comes from?