To smoke or not to smoke?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by EnlightenMe, Mar 10, 2008.

1. EnlightenMe

EnlightenMe Member

Just wondering if people prefer to smoke marijuana before/during an acid trip or stick to straight acid. Also, would it make a noticable difference in the trip?

2. stalk

stalk Banned

yes it will
    and yes you're going to want to

3. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

If you don't have much LSD, it can be a nice boost to the trip, but I don't see much point in smoking while tripping. The L is PLENTY. I mean, it's fun, but I wouldn't say it adds to the experience (again unless you're eating like one hit of lower quality stuff, in which case you might feel it a lot more after smoking).

4. dgdys90

dgdys90 Member

I almost always prefer to smoke right after I drop and that is it. that is only to relieve the nerves I get before I take any psychedelic drug. That is the only time I ever smoke pot during a trip though.

5. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

I love to smoke during the trip. It just adds that nice dash of confusion, so you can chase your tale like a small confused puppy who just saw something behind him :)

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

now that im more experienced with psychedelics, im more comfortable smoking weed on a trip, but i dont think its really that great depending on where you are and all. the first time i took acid, i smoked a lot of weed and the way i see it,
    psychedelics and weed both affect different faculties of the brain to produce different modes of thought.
    when i smoke weed, it is like some faculties can run wild but there is always a sense of consistent relationship to things, perhaps one could say the ego.
    on jsut psychs, this ego breaks down but considering that im not stoned, i can logically imply that some other faculty of my brain, the cannabinoid system, is still consistent.

but with the two together i have a shattered/diminished ego trying to piece together loosely constructed, abstract trains of thought caused by the stonedness.

but im a stoner so if i smoke no pot at all then i could be a bit aggitated underneath the trip. but getting totally stoned while tripping really seems to be like rendering my two only handles on reality both 'off the hook'

but all this really means to me is that getting very stoned while tripping can just lead me to sitting in loops, perhaps like a puppy chasing its tail, or perhaps more like if the guy in the film Momento failed to tattoo himself with new information, and thus each time he 'woke up' or 'began consciousness', he read the same thing and then went and did the same shit again and again

7. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

i would say absolutly not. from my experiences i wouldnt touch the shit.
    im not a big pot head. and more acid i take the crazier i get when im stoned.
    but who would want to abstract that amazing clear headed acid hi. depends on the dose.

everytime iv smoked weed on acid it has shown me some scary shit.
    like real scary shit. dead bodies, demons round the car, people strapped to my bonnet of the car. accompanied by that unable to talk frightned fuckin shitless fuck.
    oh well.
    thats my conclusion.

why spoil acid?

8. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

oh, unless you just wanna get fucked up

9. poopzilla33

poopzilla33 Member

thats pretty close minded ^

10. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

in order to get on in cirtain circumtances, and for our brains to function, we have to close cirtain doors. the doors which are open are wide open. this is different, and thats just from my experiences.

11. Alaxsxa

Alaxsxa Member

I love smoking weed during the comedown, it heightens the effects quite a bit.

12. zzzadeh

zzzadeh Member

Fuck me,
    I feel something missing when I don't smoke on
    the come up/ come down
    Its up to you though
    some nice dank goes beautifully I think
    In the sensory aspect at least
    Puts me at ease

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well on the comedown yeh but thats not much compared to the peak/s

14. chugtonio

chugtonio Member

weed plus shrooms works well
    but acid I believe is meant to be clear headed
    only on the comedown of acid, after or at peak

15. .trippin..

.trippin.. Member

i enjoy smokin weed while on shrooms but i can't say i feel much of the weed high because the shrooms pretty much overpower the weed. i mean i feel i little high but it leaves about 15 or 20 minutes later. i have a tolerance but im never completely sober 20 minutes after smokin a spliff

but yeah on the comedown i have to have alot of weed

16. Squilla

Squilla Banned

I don't for, on LSD if I smoke it gets me high but I'm already super high from the LSD that it really doesn't change anything. Though, I love to smoke THC in general so if I;m tripping then shit, I better load the bong.

17. Peter Popper

Peter Popper Tripper

a few beers can be nice

18. This is so incredibly true I am so shocked I read this. This exact thing happened to me and a buddy, we took acid twice, the first time he smoked a ton of pot because he got scared and thought it would calm him down, then he had a HORRID trip. And I did the same thing the second time and it really doesn't give you the same experience as not smoking on acid, so the 3 times after that I never smoked pot, before or during the trip. Its very fufilling since I smoke marijuana habitually!

I would never smoke on acid again because I truly feel it makes the experience different, and its FAR more memorable and intense without smoking.

I feel like smoking pot slows the trip and confuses the mind at times, its very clear and fufilling without the marijuana for a night!

PEACE!

19. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

so you guys are saying that even though I smoke every day, on cid I might not need to smoke as often as I normally do?

20. Listen brother, you will appreciate it SO much more with a clear head, but hell if you have easy access to LSD do what you want and but try it without the bud for once, it is far more worth it than most may think.

Albert Hoffman didn't need weed, you shouldn't either!

Peace.love