to hit or not hit...

Discussion in 'Attachment Parenting' started by Mgmlovespeace, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I was spanked as a kid. Sometimes I deserved it, sometimes I didn't. I remember my momma's boyfriends would spank me, and that was the worst. One would beat on me over and over with his belt. I oughta slap the hell out of my momma for that.

OTOH I have seen some kids do some really stupid shit, and the first thing that comes to mind is "damn, someone needs to put that punk in his place".

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

We hit only for our own frustration!
    If your hit, does it do you good?
    Do you like it?
    Does it make you feel better..?

Then think, how that little kid feels, leave them be!

Explaine to them reasons, kids are clever than you think!

If they fall, you comfort them, because they hurt..
    Then you make them sting, hurt, shout, and wont make it better...your at risk of having one fu ck d up kid!

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

As much as I am totally for parents never hitting their kids (and have made that personal choice...well, it wasn't really even a CHOICE-I just wouldn't hit a kid ever.)--what is REALLY WRONG is someone hitting (spanking, whatever.) someone else's kid. Totally unacceptable.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How can anyone even think about hitting a child.....or an animal....This boggles my mind....COMPLETELY! NO NEVER HIT!!!!

5. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Spanking that ass may save them prison time in the future. That is what is wrong with the kids today, the ones going out and being destructive. They never learned that there are consequences for their action.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Crossing a busy road after it was forbidden, prevent a young kid from touching the fire stove are good examples for a correcting slap. This is how pain and punishment works and has it's use. Hitting out of frustration is wrong and a different thing obviously.