To drink or not to drink

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by earthmother, Dec 2, 2006.

1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

OK, there seems to be a little miscommunication here regarding alcohol at Rainbow Gatherings. So, lets vote.

2. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I believe if you're 21, then there should be no reason why you can not drink. saying that everyone who drinks causes chaos is a generalization and just wrong. I drink and I never ever get out of hand. It is our right in the USA to drink if we want as long as we are 21.

3. Shithead_n_dozer

Shithead_n_dozer Member

nothing wrong with it if ya aint being a pest. sick and tired of being dissed on by frillys cuz us alcoholics like to drink. woudnt a true rainbow accept you and love you the way you are? i guess not.....

4. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

on a personal note my religion says

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. " (I Timothy 5:23)

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18)

http://www.biblestudy.org/question/wine.html <for anyone interested

I drink maybe bout a 6pack a year at the most, but my wife likes to drink,sometimes for pleasure sometimes for pain, cheaper than a doc and scrip..

Therefore i hove no problem with the moderational use of alcohol.

5. Shithead_n_dozer

Shithead_n_dozer Member

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

main circle, nahh.. that's where we should be coming together (and we KNOW this is devisive) also not around Kids Village.
    I personally the times when I can get away from agro alcohol energy, so a couple camps where it's OK is reasonable (so my vote is between A camp only and subtle use)
    Comes down to each drinker (or other consumer) is their buzz-induced behaviour creating tension with others? is that appropriate?
    Remember what THE Gathering is aimed at : prayer for world peace.
    Where does that start?

7. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

alchohol is cool if you don't drink it

8. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

um 12 A.M. on the fourth???[​IMG]

9. MollyThe Hippy

and then it becomes super cool

10. MollyThe Hippy

when you drink it

11. Shithead_n_dozer

Shithead_n_dozer Member

I Drink At Drainbow Gatherings And Allways Will. We Got More Problems Than People Enjoying Themselfs, Ropeheads With Lice That Wont Cut Em Off Gave My Freinds Kids Lice And They Had To Shave All Their Beautiful Hair. Some Hippies Are Nasty And Carry Desiese And Dont Care. And What Looks Worse To The Feds, A Group Of People Drinking Beer Around A Fire Enjoying Them Selfs Or Some Trpping Hippie Running In Circles Chanting Some Weird Shit With 'dose Me' Written All Over Their Naked Body?

12. MollyThe Hippy

a few irresponsible drunks give all the responsible drunks a bad name

13. Shithead_n_dozer

Shithead_n_dozer Member

true, true so true. as is for any intoxicant. i know plenty people that suck to be around when their stoned, on acid twweking, h uped, what evr. then again, i know lots of people who are actually alot easyer to hang with if their on what ever it is they like to do. im not against any drugs at all. in my opinion, thers only 2 sides of the fence to stand on if you do anything, anti or pro drugs. me i like em all. is that so bad? whats wrong with that? as long as you dont let them interphere with your lifestyle or hurt anyone, and youre having fun whats wrong with that? no problem i see. now when you have to steal lie or hurt some one to get youre fix, that effects every one. me, i can do herion speed smoke crack and walk away from it. i dont want to be judged negitvely because of how i like to enjoy myself. o yeah did i mention i like to stay liqouerd up?

14. wootier

wootier Member

i think there should b an option between bringing kegs to main circle and hding ure beer...but im gunna have to go with bringing kegs to main circle because i wont hide wat i do, ever

15. wootier

wootier Member

i think it should b handled on a situational basis anyway...dont let intensely fucked up people of any sort run around kid village...but people seem to b okay with wrecked dosed people, so why not wrecked drunk people, especially if there not being violent in any way

16. Shithead_n_dozer

Shithead_n_dozer Member

my point exactly. oh but dont forget the frillys are better than us bro, im nothing but a worthless drunk. ha i wishi could count all theese hi holys that wanna sit and 'council' all day about how everyone elde is fucking up by being them selve and how there so hi and holy, but then they leave on the 7th. ha! im usualy one of the last ones to leave. in w v my kitchen green circus singlehandedly recycled the whole gathering after the frilly peices of shit left because mabye sorting trash would mess up there aura or there positive clean vibration brother bear. and guess what? we stayed drunk allmost the whole time too! so there you lazy arrogant hippiecrites how bout a little less talk and a lot more work? o sorry forgot that would be sucking up. people are really starting to piss me off

17. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Just sos ya know, some of my bestest friends in the whole world are sloshed almost every second of the day. One particularly grand friend actually turned yeller and had to go off liquor or die. But dammit, I been goin' to gatherings off and on fer a long time, and the alcohol energy is gettin to be an awful lot more than it ever used to. I think partly because the FS dudes keep tryin' so hard to put us in such "convenient" places. I figure theres plenty of room in the forest for everything as long as it ain't BOTHERIN' nobody. But in my experience, folks openly and obviously drinkin' at main circle has ALWAYS been something that bothered an awful lot of folks. Sorry if you drinkers feel singled out, I'm speakin' for a few thousand at least. I suppose because lots of folks consider the main part of the gathering to be sort of like goin' to church. What ya do at yer camp is up to you, what ya got in yer cup is up to you. Yer botherin' somebody, it don't matter what mind alterin' shit yer doin'. Ya NOT botherin' anybody, cool, who cares what yer drinkin' or snortin' or what the fuck ever... But used to be if folks were drinkin' out in the open like, a whole shit pot of people might walk up to them and let them know in a very loving way that it might be seen as a problem. Guess I'm just "old school". But I've heard quite a few folks who used to be regulars at gatherings say they don't go any more 'cause it's changed too much from it's roots. Whole concept's changin'. Those are a bunch of fine spiritual elders I'm talkin' about. Do ya REALLY think it's worth it to run off folks like that so ya can carry yer beer can around? Why not just pour it in a cup fer crissakes? Who's gonna know. Respect, man, that's all.

18. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Respect is the big thing, really. Like our crew are mainly drinkers who want to spend the Gathering getting healthy so they can drink when they leave, anyone who wants a beer & is in the crew camp does their drinking in their tent, in A-camp or in town. we're not crazy 'bout seeing folks with beers in the church but felt like Luke had done enough for the Fam that he deserved the big prank pulled in his name

It's not just the drinking that's keeping some folks from coming Home...it's a lot of things really...respect is getting very thin & there's so much judgement going on...it's sad...

19. wootier

wootier Member

i suppose respect works both ways...us drinkers feel like were not being respected, and the sober ones out there feel they arent... clearly more brothers and sisters prefer alcohol not being around, the majority is against us...i suppose as long as we stand up for wat we believe and u stand up for wat u believe, a balance will b reached, i just think the drinkers r being forced to suppress wat they believe, tipping the balance...if that makes any sense, i sware im tottaly sober...really

20. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

I'm no expert on rainbow or anything but it is my understanding that the main concept to it was a bit higher then just another beer bash in the woods. I convey this, not as judgmental or biased one way or the other about alcohol but just as what the ideas behind/founding/creating rainbow are.