TMA from Amphetamine

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by madboy139, May 17, 2004.

1. madboy139

madboy139 Member

how would one go about adding the methoxy groups to amphetamine to produce TMA? are there any other psychadelic amphetamines that could be produced relatively simply from amphetamine?

2. madboy139

madboy139 Member

the other isomer of what? amphetamine seems like a completely logical precursor to 3,4,5 trimethoxyamphetamine

3. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

easier to start with asarone (or even whole calamus root) & work up from there...
    ya could ask around at the hive, but i don't think it's feasible (or at least not very high yield, & prolly quite "messy"...)

4. Dallas-321

Dallas-321 Member

3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzaldehyde

I believe that this would be your most simple precursor. As someone else said though your in over your head.

5. Dallas-321

Dallas-321 Member

On a side note if its hallucinogenic amphetamines that tickle your imagination there are readily available examples that are legal and much less trouble.

6. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

3,4,5 will either give ya mescaline (the phenethylamine) or TMA-1 (the amphetamine)
    to get TMA-2 ya need the 2,4,5...

7. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you guys run in to the isomer fairy working on this ask her to change my vix inhalers in to meth too..

8. madboy139

madboy139 Member

just curious.