Tired of old life

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by jokersex69, Aug 27, 2018.

1. jokersex69

jokersex69 Member

Well i've been addicted to coke for over 10 years. I just feel like it drains all positive energy.
    Like the day after i use, it takes me 2-3 days to recuperate. I just sleep all day and dont do much.
    But i do have some control over not using.
    Anyone have any advice on how to stay completely off hard drugs?
    I just feel happier and accomplish alot more.
    Im really into meditation and playing music.

GLENGLEN and Irminsul like this.
  2. YogaBird

YogaBird Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ

Just finding other things to do when you get a craving. Exercise or something you enjoy that takes focus, so you can get your mind off wanting to use.
    Or having a clean friend you can hang out with when you want to use.

Irminsul likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i think first step was to come out and admit it, so good for you :) you're on the right track.

McFuddy and GLENGLEN like this.
  4. jokersex69

jokersex69 Member

Yea. Right now one of my friends offered. I think im gonna stay home. Keep the positive energy. Maybe sing a little :)

YogaBird likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you'll probably want some sort of help. i'm not sure exactly what options are available, but my understanding is that getting over an addiction to hard drugs completely on your own is a pretty futile exercise.

YogaBird likes this.
  6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I suppose you could try visiting a group like NA, but I think those 12 step deals usually want you to be religious on some level. Not saying that that is a bad thing, but not necessarily everybody's cup of tea.

Staying away from situations where you are going to be offered drugs may be helpful.

Acupuncture might be helpful to you, but you'd have to find an affordable source for that, like a teaching clinic, community clinic, or a clinic that's designated for drug recovery. I might be able to say a little more on the subject if you are interested.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Last Post From You Was 28th August.......How Are Things Going...???...:worried:

Cheers Glen.