Tired of meeting selfish A-holes!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by MayQueen~420~, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

Feel free to speak to me if you'd like. I'll leave this up to you though.

Bayer Sanyo likes this.
  2. Bayer Sanyo

Bayer Sanyo Members

Hello there, Yes.. I would love to chat with you anytime you have the spare time..
    Although I am still very new here and I'm not sure how to navigate this site yet.. But I will be checking in from time to time..

3. Bayer Sanyo

Bayer Sanyo Members

Hey there man..So you think that you smoke ALOT of weed???
    Well I don't see why you and I don't have a smoke off..B.Y.O.W. ofcourse because that is all I can do from the beginning of my day up until I fall asleep..
    Challenge???

mommas man likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

apparently you can also type a little.

mommas man likes this.
  5. mommas man

mommas man Members

I'm already living there. Its about a square halfmile by quarter mile. And I live here alone.

6. Steve9

Steve9 Members

I agree about central FL

7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Why I hate Long Island [NY] with all my heart and soul

Those people who talk about cities like Detroit being the worst places to live have clearly never been to Long Island. Having been a lifelong native here, I can say without any shadow of doubt that this fish-shaped extension of sewage material, located due east of Manhattan, is one of the most intolerable, despicable, grimy, disgusting, vile, evil, filthy, overpopulated mounds of fecal matter to ever bedevil the history of man.

After traveling to over 30 states in the past few years, I’ve come to believe that Long Island uniquely exemplifies everything that’s wrong with this country. The exorbitant costs of living, the utterly corrupt police departments, the pothole riddled streets, a populace with disturbingly schizophrenic leanings, the high taxation, the list goes on and on. In a way, you could say Long Island is the kind of place that offers all the downsides of New York City, with none of the upside.

Long Island natives have an unusual proclivity for bipolar behavior, a reality that made my time growing up here a less than pleasant one. Hot one day, cold the next. Nice one day, a stone of rudeness the next. There was no consistency to the way people acted. I thought it was just me, but my mother told me her experience had been the same when she was a child, having been a former NYC native before moving further out east to Suffolk County, and recalling how utterly bewildered she was as well by Long Islanders’ neurotic behavior.

I should mention, while Brooklyn and Queens is technically a part of Long Island, they are actually boroughs of New York City, retaining a distinctive difference in culture that remains separate from the suburban sprawls of Nassau and Suffolk County. It is these two specific counties that make Long Island what it is, and to which I reserve my unrepentant, vitriolic hatred for.

It wasn’t just my mother and me who noticed the peculiar behavior of the natives. Anyone I spoke to that was from out of town made the same observations: “Man, people are crazy here. Must be something in the water.” It didn’t matter where they came from either. I’ve met foreign exchange students, people from Europe, people from out of state, even people from nearby Manhattan, and their reactions were nearly always the same. They ALL blamed the water too.

One of the things that clued me in to why Long Island natives were such a mentally unstable, psychotic bunch was a little factoid I learned back when I was taking Psychology 101 in college. My professor had mentioned in passing that Long Island had the largest percentage of mental institutions per square mile than anywhere else in the country. Literally.

Well, that certainly answered a few questions.

Read More Why I hate Long Island with all my heart and soul

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I forgot when it was I typed into Google I hate long island and found that essay above but it describes it so well and the same thing every time I travelled then when back I was like what the heck Long Island NY is the assholism capital of the entire world !!

Weird thing is when you move away and look back you hate the place even more.

9. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I've been to LI. The most quirky thing I remember is the booth in a gas station. It was a mini convenience store, I guess. Literally the only things they had for sale was batteries and rolling papers.
    I've also heard Suffolk County is big t**** country. Based on what you have posted, this makes sense.

10. Steve9

Steve9 Members

They are ALL moving to my area. Ever GD one has family here

11. Varmint

Varmint Member

Are you sure they're not drinking sea water?

12. Ang3lyz

Ang3lyz Senior Member

i know what you mean

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2023
    skip likes this.