Tips When Having a Blind Date

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by lorancemark, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Half hour coffee only first meeting and discuss sex, political view, drug use, booze use, kids and where do you see yourself in 10 years. This will make it or break it, guaranteed.

2. Just for fun

Most importantly is be and act yourself because it will come out eventually.

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

None of those would matter too much if the person who you were meeting was not going to be able to see you. :)

Some years ago, a blind friend of ours got married and it seemed a bit surreal marrying someone who you were never going to see.
    Jane assured her that the guy she was marrying looked OK, but it caused quite a few jokes both before and after they were married.

I still remember hr reply when someone asked her whether she had a blind dog to help her. "Don't be stupid, if I had a dog that was blind, we would both end up under a bus". :rolleyes:

4. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I'd date a blind woman.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Never assume anything. Ask politely what level of support or guidance they would be comfortable with. Many visually impaired folk are quite independent, and resent being treated as invalids. They might appreciate a proffered elbow while walking, or a discrete warning regarding cubs, stairs, and other obstacles, or they might prefer to be entirely self reliant.
    A respectful and courteous question establishes ground rules up front. Once such boundaries are established, respect them.

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The woman in question was Dr Julia Scofield. She runs an electronics factory to produce electronic aids for the blind, enabling then to use computer software.
    All of the 10 or so workers in her factory are blind, with the only eyes in the factory being owned by her husband (her former business partner) and all the guide dogs running around.

She made headline news when she declined her knighthood because her dog was not allowed in the palace. It turned out that the queen was only worried about how the corgis would react.

8. Just for fun

I don't think its that complicated. When you meet face to face, "what's up? ask me anything and I'll ask you abything question for question." If it turns to shit don't get a second cup of coffee just ask for the check.