Tips When Having a Blind Date

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by lorancemark, Apr 11, 2018.

1. lorancemark

lorancemark Members

Going on a blind date is an exciting experience. You should actually try doing it even once in your lifetime. The thing that makes blind date really exciting is the fact that you have never known or even seen your date before. Everything comes as a surprise as you finally get to meet up. But agreeably, blind dates can be very nerve wracking as you prepare for someone you don't know. So to help make everything easier and the blind date truly fun and enjoyable for you,

1. Make sure you trust those who have set up the blind date - As a woman, your number one priority must be your safety. Although the risk here of not knowing who you'll date should be fun, you should have the assurance at least that the person is not a psycho or a person who can potentially put you in grave danger. At least someone else whom you trust must really know your blind date, have his details and contact info so they can get in touch with him if anything happens during the date.

2. Put on comfortable yet stylish clothes - Try to strike a balance between wearing clothes that are fashionably comfortable for you. The last thing you want to experience is looking like you're having some wardrobe problems because it can affect the way you interact with your date. You can end up looking awkward or even looking like you don't feel good during the date and the guy might think it's him that you're not feeling at the moment. You should also carefully consider the clothes that you are wearing especially according to the time when you're going out and where you'll be spending the time with your date. Dress for the occasion and don't overdo it.

3. Consider safe topics to begin a conversation with - If you have problems with striking a spontaneous conversation, you may want to list down the things you feel can be a common ground for both of you. It might also be a good idea to ask your friend or whoever's setting you up for a brief information about your date so you can think about possible topics you can talk about. It's better if you come to the date prepared with the things you wanted to talk about to also help you gauge if sparks can fly between you and the guy. It's also better than having so many dead air happening between you and your date.

4. As much as possible, don't kiss on the first date - You don't want to look too easy with the guy and if you like him, it's also good to keep him hanging a bit especially if you feel that he's got an eye on you too. Hugging at the end of the night is enough or even a quick peck on the cheek but to go on a make out session after just the first date is out of the question.

2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I guess why are you giving the advice for a female. Let a female give advice to a female for a blind date.

As a male, I'll to give advice to a male for a blind date, its the same advice as if it wasn't a blind date.

1. Pick a pleasant public place to meet
    2. Bath/be clean prior to the date
    3. Be groomed prior to the date
    4. Brush teeth and mouthwash (carry breath freshener optional)

5. Be timely to date
    6. Leave cell phone in your vehicle
    7. Listen to what she has to say
    8. Keep conversation 30 percent about you 70 percent about her

9. Pay for the dates expenses
    10. If you get a good feeling a kiss is wanted by her, go for it, otherwise one arm quick hug is fine.

Eric! likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

blind date tip #1: don't go on a blind date.

although it really is probably your best chance to actually get somewhere since women only consider actually dating strangers. it seems like a waste of time to me; i have zero interest in any given woman until i've already gotten to know her a bit but obviously i'm wrong in that regard.

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Great advice!

wilsjane and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  5. Lovelane

Lovelane Members

uuhhh...I've never done a blind date even though it sounds interesting (and risky at the same time, you might spend your time to get there and meet see someone that is definitely out of option). I would prefer to be able to see at least 1 photo from him in advance.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

7. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

I recall a blind date. I was invited to her house perfect stranger set up by a friend. We sat on the couch had a glass of wine, as we talked she unzipped my pants and introduced herself to "my little friend." Great bj came back every week for a couple of months. Then she said don't think you can come over here once a week and just fuck, I want something deeper.Go figure

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

She meant deeper than 4 inches

wilsjane likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

so what happens if you're turned off by their looks? i've had one date (hook-up really... I don't think in my circles we called them dates) where I didn't know how the chick was going to look beforehand. Two actually... we met online. One was through yahoo chat. The other was through a message board like ours but everyone was from socal (southern california). I was lucky both times! But I can easily see it going the other way. What are you going to do; end the date? Lol. The last time this happened to me was on that other now-defunct message board, and luckily the woman was hot! This was when I was 25 or 26. I don't know how old she was. It didn't last...

But what if she'd have been homely!? I don't know what I would have done. But I guess I'd have come up with something. :hearteyes:

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Happened to me once. I went on the date, we had an okay time, I said goodnight at the end of the date, and I said no when he asked me for a second date. Thats all you really can do

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've only really ever dated one person, so I'm not sure how I would go rejecting somebody, like I know you have to at one point because you can't just be with someone that's not going to work, but do you feel bad when you reject somebody? I'd have a hard time, I don't like hurting people's feelings and historically put someone else's happiness over mine to the point I'll do things I don't enjoy just to please somebody else.

I've been meaning to stop doing that the past few years and I seem to be getting better at it over time but I find I trigger snap, if I say no and they get upset and pushy then I really rage inside. So I guess if someone wouldn't stop pestering me to go on a date I'd just flip my shit and probably be destructive to the point it makes me smile if they do get hurt, but when I calm down I know I'd feel guilty.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Rejection is. It's just inherently part of it. I can't cope with it personally, so I avoid it at all costs. I can understand it, but still can't stand it. I have rarely had to reject anyone really. I can think of feelings I've had that made it appropriate to reject someone though. Sometimes if someone comes across as really needy I have a really hard time warming up to the idea of being chums. But I know sometimes a person is just down on their luck, or even born into bad circumstances. My experiences with rejecting have been about being friends (same sex), not being in a romantic relationship.

Also, I hate to seem desperate... It makes me feel slimy or something. I sort of feel like if you have to ask for something it wasn't meant to be anyway. So asking for a date is right out.

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I agree. Personality is the most important part of any relationship that is going to last for more than a few days (or nights) and that is why most people meet their long term partner in the work environment, where they see each other in their true colors. It does not necessarily mean working for the same company, it could just be someone working at your local shop.
    One of the guys working for me fell for the girl at the dry cleaners and ended up taking all his laundry to the shop. One evening on his way home, he had nothing that needed cleaning, so he went into the shop and took off his socks. The girl burst out laughing and ended up offering to wash them for him after work. She is still washing his socks after more than 40 years. LOL

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't really ever consider dating a stranger--friends first is where it's at. I have a tough enough time making friends and meeting people that I connect with that my odds of hitting it off with a stranger seem extremely low.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah there's obviously exceptions. but there is definitely a trend toward women preferring to date guys they don't really know yet.

who knows, maybe it's just because most guys suck so we all seem better before you get to know us.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yeah, I get you. I have just been using too many dating apps lately, and the thought of actually meeting someone from one of them seems so cringy and daunting. I don't get how people do it.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]
    a seeing eye dog. bitches love seeing eye dogs..

Irminsul likes this.
  19. I had a blind date once. One thing led to another and we were fucking on her couch.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's definitely awkward at first. but you forget about how it started pretty quick and it just becomes normal dating.

of course it helps if you talk to them for a little while before meeting. you won't get to know them that well, but you'll have some idea what you're getting into at least.