Tip to root

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Reverand JC, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

I have some dreads that my girlfriend refers to as turd dreads. The tips seem to be forming toward the root so they kind of look like dingleberries. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I just let them form like this and see what happens or cut them off and twist and rip them?

C/S,
    Rev J

2. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Those are my favorites. I'd say let em to their thing as long as they aren't uncomfortable.

3. Reverand JC

They don't really bother me. I figure if the loose hairs get too weak and they fall of then so be it.

C/S,
    Rev J

4. SadieScarlett

SadieScarlett Member

yea it's just the hairs breaking towards the top.
    if you do any maintenance that might be causing this then you should probably stop it or do it less regularly/rigorously.
    if not then i'm sure they're fine, if the wanna break off they will, and if they don't then they're perfectly happy i'm sure

5. Reverand JC

I just realized I should've been clrearer about it I have about four or five dreads that are forming starting at the tip instead of the root. They also seem to be hanging by about four hairs a piece.

C/S,
    Rev J

6. foresting

foresting Member

I've got one of those too! Its so tiny and cute. Embrace it. Mine will probably fall off in time though but I think thats really cleansing anyway

7. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

i have had these. eventually the nub at the end got wayyy massive and the hairs were pulling on the scalp so i've cut them off