Tiny salmon scraping that impossible dream

Discussion in 'Spanish' started by Gladstone Screwer, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Are the Spanish ashamed of the disgusting racism shown at recent football matches? Especially after the manager accused the English of rascism? Good luck getting the olympics now.

2. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

????????????////////////???????????

3. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

4. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

5. migle

migle Senior Member

The link doesn't drive to anywhere, just Google's mainpage, and sincerely i don't know what're you talking about, i don't pay much attention to sports, anyway, i think there are racist and stupid people everywhere, ya know...

6. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

No clue what you are talking about, but I side with the Spanish, as it is a much better country and culture than England

7. migle

migle Senior Member

don't know what to say, it depends, because i've been to England, and if you live for a long time in other country (this is not my case) then you can judge, because then you know the culture ,uch better, the society, the problems, the politics, so...
    Spain has not so good culture and if you know the history and the politics, you can see what i say, but thanks anyway :D

8. seamonster66

naw, been to both, spain is far better

9. migle

migle Senior Member

hehehe, well :& i have to say that when i was to England, i felt so bad seeing all those teenagers with no clue about their politics or actuality, just consuming and more consuming, and nothing else. Anyway here, our politicians and the TV are growing the new generations of teenagers totally stupid and nonsense, the same after all.

10. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

England is vastly superior to Spain in everyway possible. The people in England are absolutely wonderful, the fact that this country produced the Beatles hoists us up above the sunniest of countries. The English are open minded and multicutural. Our olympic semi finalist boxer was an England born Asian I am utterly proud to say that. Our black footballers were abused by the Spanish fans recently, which included monkey chants and the abuse increased everytime the got possesion of the ball, that is not the culture of 2005. It is worth going to Spain to appreciate the savage beauty of England. English culture is every culture because every race is here.

11. seamonster66

ha, you wish gladstone screwer. England is as racist as any other place I've been. Stop trying to live off the fucking Beatles too, that was decades ago.

The British football fans have been known as the worlds worst for a long time, just because it popped up in another country doesn't erase that fact.

12. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Well strangely enough the Spanish manager accusesd the English of racism the same day as the incident I refered to. The are racist people in England as there is ANYWHERE. But Englands reputation is one that has lingered for a long time and has since become a thing of the past. But English culture has given us Dickens, Shakespeare etc but what in Spanish culture apart from hot weather is there?

Also the English are far more open minded than most countries, none of the ridiculous over the top reactions to Janet Jacksons nipple popping out here and no groups of pathetic fools trying to take Friends off the air because of a penis shaped cake.

13. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Im English and proud. I know rascists white and black and asian ones in fact, and i tell them off for it hehe much to their annoyance, but that is the point we have racists of all races. Unlike in spain you go into a pub not designed for tourists and you get beaten up. I would say England is a very free country and yes there are racists, but we give them the freedom of speech to be racist unlike the so called free america in which you still have second class citizens and no freedom of speech. Im not having a go at america btw or spain im just saying racism is everywhere. Its not in a certain country, it is done by individuals, just in the case of football they are able to come together. As Eddie Izzard once said: "Racists aren't as polite as smokers. A smoker will say "can i smoke in here? No? Ok ill go outside" while racists never ever ask "can i be racist? No? ok ill go outside"

14. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

hehe im only posting cos eddie izzard was mentioned hehehe (love that sketch)

Anyway from what ive seen the majority of football fans come across as "cultureless hooligans" basically because its "cool". *shrug* racism resides everywhere unfortunatly.

Also neither spain or england is better than the other, they both have good and bad points, we are all equals.

15. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Prefering Spain to England suggests that you are easy to please and that simple things like hot weather are what it takes to get you on its side in England you have to look deeper and make an effort to understand which in the long run is well worth it.

16. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

thats not true, people can prefer where ever, my favourite place is where people who want me there are....if i was in my own home and spme one was racist i wouldn't prefer to be there. Spain, England, USA and anywhere are all flawed, we are all equal....cept Eddie Izzard cos hes :D

17. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I am English, I need the rain, I need to be around sarcasm. I love the fact that this country can produce Eddie Izzard and Bernard Manning. This country produced a pile of shit called the Spice Girls and the world bought it.

18. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

God is the world you are looking for there :p

19. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

If you weren't serious, that would be a fine piece of ironic satire. Using xenophobia to denounce racism! I'm also enthusiastic about multi culturalism in Britain, I think it's beautiful, but no need to use it as a stick to beat Spain around the head with. At least their government is against the war!

20. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Well I find fantastic that the majority of our country can be apposed to the war and have a government that completely ignores us..... So basically the government does not represent me or England. I was just annoyed that someone said that Spains culture is better than ours without really having an understanding of it (or Spains probably) But you certainly can not understand our culture on a two week holiday. English people are wonderful and so is the country.