Tinnitus (or can you hear me now)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by wrat1, Jan 6, 2021.

1. wrat1

wrat1 Members

I have had it to varying degrees for a while but at the beginning of last year it came on strong and stayed tried melatonin and magnesium neither helped ( although the melatonin definitely helps sleep )

What have you tried?

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My musician son has it too. He now wears ear plugs when he plays and has some hearing aids that he wears occasionally, although his hearing is still ok. Coming up with a cure for tinnitus and one for baldness would make one a billionaire!!!

wrat1 and mysticblu21 like this.
  3. wrat1

wrat1 Members

well Im old n grumpy but NOT quite 77 yet

scratcho and mysticblu21 like this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I had a bout of tinnitus several weeks ago for no reason. I wondered what in the worldly facets could be the reason because I don't usually experience any sensation quite like tinnitus. If you've never had it, it's rather unusual, and at the very least disconcerting. SO... I googled "coronavirus tinnitus" to see if maybe it was a sign that I had CoViD-19, and sure as shinola! it's a symptom. :confused:

It wasn't CoViD though, and my tinnitus went away without returning. The thing that makes me wonder is I don't listen to my music very loud - the stereo in the car maxes out fairly low for even the best songs (which I turn up)... And whenever I've gone clubbing in recent history I always wear earplugs.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I went to a Ministry concert a few years ago--stood right next to the speakers!! I could not hear ANYTHING FOR TWO DAYS. Just thought I'd throw that in .

mysticblu21 likes this.