timothy leary

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Acorn, May 17, 2004.

1. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

Ah little guy with white hair and a white suit. Met him way back at Leigh University when duh feds had him in their propaganda
    machine, saying stupid things like in a rocket ship, join up in zero gravity and have sex, instead uv what the feds did not want him 2 talk about.
    Unpig like shit, I like, getin high, hangin out, and groovin my Long dreadz.

2. WharfRat

WharfRat Member

he did a lot of studies with actors, scholars and itelligent people, they would trip and record their findings from their trips..they were trying to attain enlightment or a religious discovery..not exactly sure but they believed acid would free them...i guess all his studies with friends and random people is what helped spread the word...a lot of people dont like him tho because he drew a lot of attention to the counterculture and LSD use (probably helped it get banned)

3. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Oh, it most deffinatley was what helped to get it banned.
    Why would our Christian nation want anyone to be happy if it had anything to do with finding spirituality elsewhere?

4. element7

element7 Random fool

Leary and co. pioneered research that has since been banned but , yet , carried on by certain gov. institutions. I'd reccomend checking out some of their earlier writings in the Psychadellic Review.
    http://www.maps.org/psychedelicreview/