Times Are Changing

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by cantgobarefootenough, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I’ve seen a couple this year, but I t’s only a few years since seeing several in a day, all inland. Since then I agree flip flops have replace bare feet, but once you go barefoot it’s hard to understand why others don’t consider it, even just to put their rubbish out etc

2. charlie35

charlie35 Member

^Agreed. One of the many good things about summer used to be spotting the first barefooter of the year....then all the others. In the words of Basil Fawlty "another of life's small pleasures that's now been denied to me".

3. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

It really is one of the most enjoyable things, but even the flip floppers can be disparaging about completely bare feet as I’ve regularly heard them whispering and pointing me out. I think most people conform without questioning why they do things,but it’s odd in a time of obsessive diversity agenda, that we who like natural pleasures and add to diversity are often seen as nutcases

4. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Flippin' flip floppers! Yes this happens in my small parochial town yet I can walk around London without a second glance. Officialdom is obsessed with paying lip service to diversity but as a nation we are becoming less tolerant in many ways, and reverting to Victorian thinking.

Even at my naturist club (well it's more like "clothing optional") barefooters are a minority and it's become rare to see anyone completely nude, at least at evening events.

5. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Flipping flip flippers! Last year, in town a chap walked past me, looked at my feet, then my face, it seemed he was going to say something but then turned away and shook his head several times. I’ve also had a “be careful” lecture from a girl while walking a grassy coastal path. She was far more unstable and liable to injury in flops...

I do find it strange so many naturists wear shoes!