Times Are Changing

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by cantgobarefootenough, Aug 2, 2016.

1. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

I was surprised to see more males barefoot this summer than females. One can only help but wonder if it has something to do with women being more attached to their footwear now than ever before. It used to be that a woman wouldn't think twice about taking an uncomfortable pair of heels off and strolling the rest of the journey barefoot. Now, they take their heels off and slip into a pair of flip-flops.

2. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Times sure are changing, and not for the better. I'd be pleased even to see some males barefoot, it would give me some reassurance that I'm not the only weirdo. Sadly I've not seen anyone barefoot anywhere for several years now. It's true it seems that shoes are one of the favourite items for females to spend money on. Certainly the girls at work get excited if one of them comes in in a new pair.

In my local town the police even go around on a Saturday night handing out flip-flops, so the ladies don't have to face the "danger" of going barefoot if their shoes are hurting or they've had one too many.

The other thing I've noticed is that people are becoming more house proud, so don't like you coming in barefoot in case you tread in bits of grass etc.

I think we're joining smokers as a group who deserve to be marginalised, and outlawed if possible.

Maxxy likes this.
  3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

The End Days are nearing...

Maxxy likes this.
  4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

But you mostly want to see females barefoot?

Maxxy likes this.
  5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

You havent seen anyone barefoot for YEARS? Where the fuck do you live?

Maxxy likes this.
  6. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Could it be that society has produced more germaphobics?

Maxxy likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

torbay, i assume. i googled police handing out flip flops, and there's a ton of articles about it happening there, and not a single mention of it happening anywhere else.

all the articles are from 2008, so unless the above poster is way out of date, it must have been a popular enough program to keep it going for 8 years. strange, if i was so drunk that i needed the police to give me flip flops, i can't imagine that i would give a shit what i stepped on at that point.

Maxxy likes this.
  8. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

In my area, stores have taken down their signs even though their policies haven't changed. They're assuming that everybody knows by now that you can't go in any business without shoes.

Maxxy likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

from what i've noticed, for the last 10 years or so most stores just have signs banning hoods and backpacks. i rarely see any mention of a dress code beyond that.

Maxxy likes this.
  10. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

Ive noticed that a 10 years ago only a small few boys (I was one of them) would ever go barefoot and 90% hated not having socks on.

Now more and more Boys are getting into going barefoot.

My brothers still hate it tho

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Maxxy likes this.
  11. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I rarely see anyone else barefoot away from beaches now, but just a few years ago saw quite a lot here in the East Midlands (UK). It was mainly teenage girls barefoot in towns, shops and woodlands. I remember walking back from town once as two girls were walking in, one was already barefoot (no shoes with her at all) and the other was wearing flip flops but kicked them off and threw them into a ditch. I wasn’t a barefooter then but wanted to be, I thought that was great. Another standout was in Hunstanton one day and coming out of Tesco a couple of girls were going in, one said to her friend “oh my God he’s barefoot too!”, she looked so excited. There were lots of other occasions too, saw the odd bloke barefoot in towns as well but it seems to have gone out of fashion. Having said that, I did see a barefoot girl in my local Co-op store last summer, it would be good to see a resurgence

Maxxy likes this.
  12. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

I've noticed it too, Back when i was in school aged 8-10 Most boys my ages hated being barefoot outside, Apart from Me and a handful of others, Now It seems i see alot of boys aged 8-10 barefoot,

Maxxy likes this.
  13. Maxxy

Maxxy Members

People are learning how wonderful barefeet can feal.

14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Well in my experience the general public like being normal and a terrified of eccentricity (unless it's the currently fashionable and approved kind of eccentricity), and if a barefooter is calling themSELVES a weirdo...

Anyway don't worry, you're not alone, but I agree we're not a common sight in the U.K.

One of the reasons I loved New Zealand was the normality of bare feet. No one looks twice : )

Joe45432 likes this.
  15. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Growing up (60s) all the kids went barefoot in summer, except maybe the one odd kid. I rember one kid, Johnny, who NEVER wore shoes until it snowed...although he was Catholic, so he was probably forced to at church. A regular Tom Sawyer.

16. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Sadly, I believe flip flops have replaced summer barefooting.

Maxxy likes this.
  17. Maxxy

Maxxy Members

I like flip flops tho.

18. mattygroves

mattygroves Members

Me too, just not as much as bare feet:hearteyes:, I definitely prefer seeing people in flip flops rather than regular shoes, and I don't mind wearing them when I have to.

Only thing is, although I've been barefoot about 99% of the time since May (apart from work), and I've only worn flip flops when needed - I've still got a hint of the dreaded tan lines.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

20. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Sadly this seems to be true. Not seen a single other person barefoot this year, despite the current long-running heatwave.