time

Discussion in 'The Future' started by skibadee, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Skibadee

You can manipulate time by going fast.
    Travelling in time is quite easy if you can accellerate yourself to close to
    the speed of light.
    Each second you experience at such velocity. A man on earth might experience 100. [depending on your tau factor,a product of velocity]
    Travel about for a year at such a relativistic ratio then come back to earth.
    It will be 2106

Alter time rates through drugs is but an accelleration of the thought processes, resulting in an apparent slowing of expternal time.
    A thing well used by our instincts/biology.
    IN danger we get an adrenalin hit that ramps up neural activity,
    giving us more subjective time to think about how to get the fuck out of dodge.

Occam

2. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

MSMAn

Science has NO complete theory of time..
    Only guesses

Does the past and future exist, independent of the NOW.
    Science knows not.
    Does time drive everything to happen
    Or is the sequencial perception of everything happening called time.
    Science knows not.
    Does time have a beginning or end
    Science knows not.
    can anything physical exist without 'time'
    Science knows not

Occam

3. skibadee

skibadee Member

we are all somehow in our own individual universes but merged into one it is all clever shit

4. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

skibadee

Humans call that clever shit
    Philosophy

Occam

5. skibadee

skibadee Member

is that what philosophy is is it???????

6. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Skibadee

Dont know.
    Just that its clever shit

Occam

7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

we want to know more about time ? there's two ways . one is to experience space beyond this solar gravity field . time may be very different there , and our voyager space craft is just now exiting the solar system . two , explore the essence of your own thought vibration . it has a cycle . a cycle is a time relationship . view the past as primarily a place relationship . the future , ah , i think it has to do with the +- quality of matter .

8. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

I think that everything that has happened, and everything that is going to happen, all happened in the space of one instant. everything happened at once. but each piece of time has an identifier number on it so it knows where to be put in the order of things.

9. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Death

What number are we up to then.. in this reality you define where it matters not a crap what you think.
    for what you think already exists as a number.
    You describe the most intollerable prison of all.
    Far worse than eany hell
    where choice does not exist. Where reality is a machine.
    And your life is but a script you follow in your total ignorance

Occam however, says the NOW,, IS ALL THERE IS.
    ANd NO-ONE has EVER showed that to be false.

Occam

10. natural23

natural23 Senior Member

What is the best answer we can provide as to our location in space ?

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

our only location in space is Home , we know nothing else and nothing of time xcept as it is here . we do not know the speed of light between the galaxies . we do not know the space between the stars . in science we have but one reference , home . forget science until it can perceive from a reference beyond home , which may be soon but is not now .

just for now , we each can be introspective . to hold the Oneness of time is an important beginning .

why is our understanding of time important ? i believe it's crucial . our willful contributions to universal motion are at their best with a good sense of timing , of when to act . understand time and one person can cause a revolution of peace with barely an effort . make a music of spiritual timing , eh .

12. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

sorry if this is incohearant im fucking wasted. but think of iot this way(again i read none of the previous posts) but we live continuously following this 7 day 24hr shedual living our life the way we do... yes sure it can be applicale, when the sun rises and sets and shit but why can our every day be a bit longer and mean more. your tired out because you stayed up all nigut long right, but why should that amke you tired and shit, your totally living i a primilary choice of substance which is getting you know where. life couldmean a lot more then even what us dumb asses want it to mean. but we cut each day off. everone does. everything stops at the same time. the world ceises to exist for another couple hrsof rest while us lost in thought soles are wandering aorund triing to figure out this emotion;ess abyss we call life. to me this has no meaning. how many years have we been doign the same shit.always looking for the bigger and better but yet to no prevail. just upset by our own outcome of cvhouice and what we went back at again qwith... arggg

i know i know, I ramble on of course just as well as you do but at least it not the same old crap, we need top save the mother, we need to save humanity , we need to .. get off our fucking asses and live what ever way you feel complete fucking serenity. just for yoursle.f fuck cilivazed society. live to make you happy. your because like either way how ever you choice to live will make no different one though who choose to run our lifes for us. just anothwr rebal right? well fuck it, not rebelling jsut fucking LIVING. ah' . sorry g

13. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Junky

Occam knows the feeling expressed in your post well
    Helplesness
    Yet not as helpless as you think.
    there are only 6.2 billion of us. Sounds a lot but we could be stuck oin zanzibar and hardly noticed from orbit.
    each can be a potent force especially on an isolated world.
    Like earth.

For example..In the current social arena. occam could easily make himself a celebrity on cnn.
    Just some simple explosive and a doorchime detonator from K mart.
    [advertised range. 75 meters]
    And occam is a terrorist bent on bringing down society.
    With 50 grand and a mandate for terror.
    Occam the philosopher could easily challenge osama for destruction.
    Any chemist knows this, for they know how easy it is to produce WMD's

We a silly children , and we know it.

Occam

14. environmental_junkie

Occam, i don't think your previous post had anything to do with mine. Do we not want to stay on track because we are afriad to admit that we hold all the power of choice for our each indivual lives, yet would be to damn scared to run from the reins of the systems which is holding us back only to make 'life more livable for the masses' but it's bullshit you know because like everything we do effect no one else(of couse i just mean slandering your happy lifestyle around no nonsense) are we to a scared to run into the forst and create our own damn society where what time everything continues of rests is your choice... because like i'm sure they are going to go crazy on our asses if there's even 10 000 people living isolated. fuck the taxes, this is our land now.

15. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Enviroment.

Funny. Occam has spent his adult life dreaming of living in the forrests
    of your nation. Free of systems and societies.
    Those things we make driven by the insane.
    Constructed by corruption of the rational.
    Supported by the toil of the ignorant.

Wellmet

Occam

16. environmental_junkie

We don't you stop speak in the phrases of this Occam guy(whom which i haven never heard of) and speak your thoughts even they are similar. your throught will speak more truth only because it's coming from mind and not a 'legend' perhaps. We are not legends we are thee agerage joe who only wish of making changes. and wishes they will stay until we prevail in some new type of ..living perhaps.

17. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

thru~~~ an oblivionyinyoyo , whew , made it .
    just in time .

18. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Enviromental

William of Ockham was credited as having thought up the idea
    philosophical and realistic 'parsimony'
    Parsimony is just 'using what is needed to get the job done'.
    And No More
    Occams razor.

The occam you speak to now, has made a method to understand reality.
    A think constructed by his reason and heart.
    Both reason and heart can be wrong.
    Thus reason needs a filter of judgement called heart
    And Heart needs a filter of judgement called reason
    Synergy

To exist is wonderfull

Occam

19. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Science says time can be an arrow
    Occam does not agree

Time is not something that has a direction
    The forward/back thing is ANTHROPOMORPHISM.

Occam posits that time is a process.
    And processess have no 'direction'
    only an effect.

Occam

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Occam why don't you 'speak' normaly.. does the way you phrase things make you think you are 'wise'.. not that your not too a certain degree.. it sometimes seems like you think you have been sitting up a mountain contemplating life for 40 years..and now have a profound understanding of life the universe and everything..would speaking normaly make you less 'profound'.

Nothing whats so ever to do with what that person was asking...

How about renaming your self Dr Spock ?.:p