Time Zones SUCK !!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by balance_n_venus, Jun 27, 2006.

1. balance_n_venus

balance_n_venus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Aww , you guys [​IMG]...All I want right now is to talk to Ashers , it's early here but past 1am where he is. I was busy w/ this job interview thingy & I didn't get to tell him goodnight...I ALWAYS get to tell him goodnight. Dang It ! [​IMG]

I should be happy right now , I'll be seeing him in exactly 2 weeks today [​IMG]
    That's a bright side to all this distance we've been having !

2. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Maybe he's dreaming of you right now. :)

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Sorry I wish you two could hook up more often on here.

4. balance_n_venus

YAY....He Called :) , So I was able to say goodnight afterall :) lol.....It made my night :p

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

6. balance_n_venus

Random Thoughts Right ? Those were mine Lucky :p

7. ruski

ruski Senior Member

awww i thought you meant the video arcades we have here called time zone. i was gonna say some of the shoot em up games are mad!!!!!
    but yes time zones do suck in general

8. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

ohhh I know this feeling all to well. timezones do suck. try 7000 miles apart..and a 6 hour difference.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i don't think the're neccessary. i mean people have this idea in their heads that when the sun is in a certain place in the sky it should be a certain time on the clock, but that's just arbitrary custom. there's no reason we couldn't just all use 'zulu' time and let the time of day in relation to it fall where it may.

people who were day people would still be day people and people who were night people would still be night people, but night and day would have nothing to do with what it said on your clock, unless you happened to live in what is now the time zone of grennich england, or wherever else they decided to make it. but really so what.

and for that matter, why not go base 16 and devide the day into 16 hexichrons, each 90 of our current minuites, or one and a half of our current hours long. then for consistencey devide these into 16 units or minihex's that work out to i forget exactly but something like four or five, and a half, of our current minuetes long. these intern devided into microhexs, something like a quarter of a second, and so on.

the whole measurement of time thing is all pretty arbetrary. entropy and duration and things like that do actualy exist, but what we call the time and whey we do is something that just evolved into being the way it is for no absolutely neccessary reason.

oh there was a good reason for creating standards, and the time zones are because people seem to want certain numbers on the clock to corrispond with certain times of day which they wouldn't otherwise, but that particular standard choosen, is really totaly arbitrary.

=^^=
    .../\...

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:( sux! :(

My parents recently moved to France.... I'm still getting used to their time change, they're 6 hours ahead of my time.

11. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Time Zones do indeed suck....

it's a design fault... the world shoulda been flat :p

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Time zones are cool. Without them we would have a flat Earth and that would be impossible in our universe with the scientific laws we now apply.

13. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

How about relationships? :confused: You know, where people actually give a fuck. . .

14. balance_n_venus

MAN :( I'm so sorry that you have such a miserable life , it's obvious by how angry you seem. :( Poor Guy....I'm So Sorry For Ya ;)

15. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Miserable? Please lady. I'm sorry you're so miserable you feel the need to judge how content I am in my life. Did I hurt your feelings when I said I didn't give a fuck whether or not you got to tell your boyfriend goodnight? Need a tissue?

16. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Aww. She's in love for Christ sake. She has the best feeling in the world and it makes her day when she feels the love of her man. Time zones do suck. I hope you'll be together soon. :)

17. balance_n_venus

hahahahaha....Dude , PLEASE....You make me laugh :). Oh & thanks Peanut , You Rock...btw, I get to see him in about 10 days :)

18. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

How long will he be in Austin for? That's awesome he's coming to visit.

19. balance_n_venus

He'll be here for 2 weeks :)
    & then hopefully back soon to try things out a bit...It would be great to have him near me everyday...we'll see :p

20. fritz

fritz Heathen

Very cool. I'm happy for you guys! :)