Time to quit smoking cigarettes

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by squawkers7, Jan 5, 2005.

1. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I had bought a carton of smokes on December 12th and I just ran out of cigs at 7pm. Thats 23 days for a carton of smokes...not bad. I sorta wish I had one now. Good thing I have no car and this town is so darn small that there is no store here anyways to go and buy cigarettes.
    Well I wanted to save money and this will be a good place to start. I started smoking again Jan 2001 after quitting for about 13 years. All my kids sorta whined when I started again (even the 1 that smoked)....most of them had never seen me smoke before so they will be happy to know that I'm quitting again.

2. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

Good luck. :)

3. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

good luck

4. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

good on ya,,, can buy cigarettes, but with all the money in the world you can't buy health....

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Glad I never started.

6. happyhippyflower

happyhippyflower Sucker Punch

Well aren't you a poster child for the True Hippy.

7. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I have in my life smoked pretty much everything you can smoke, legal or not, except cigarettes. Go figure.

8. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Good luck.

I quit two days ago. I never smoked in my house or that much really. Yesterday I ran around washing and then re-washing Bill's and my jacket. He quit too.

I do have nicotine gum in case I become a bear. The treadmill helps too.

Do you have an outlet in case your having a fit?

9. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Have known people who have tried different types of nicotine gum and they all said it taste gross and besides the nic gum have are priced more outrageous then the cigarettes. The nicotine patch is also expensive.
    I usually have a smoke first thing in the morning while I have my coffee but I'm doing ok so far. The real test will be tonight while I'm at work......can I go the night without bumming a smoke off someone or without driving to the nearby truckstop and buying more during my supper-break?

10. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

The new gum isn't that bad. It's almost like a chicklett. The first gum that came out was really hard and was actually dangerous for your teeth. My husband has lost 2 fillings chewing the gum.

Breaking habits is hard. It might take awhile to resist that temptation. Maybe try chewing regular gum. Especially after a meal.

Why is it more satisfying after eating to smoke? or after drinking a beer, or with coffee?

Think benefits of not smoking (telling myself this too)